Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cat Hole

I don't feel I did a lot for the evangelism today.

The first driver, we'd already gotten.  The second one didn't seem to like me and I perceived she'd be hostile.

I did hand out some Driver Candy to the Chinese food delivery guy.  He likes me.  I give him Chinese scripture booklets (I love World Missionary Press) in bags of candy.  He loves it.

If I were advising someone on an easy way to start evangelizing, I'd suggest that - when you get food delivered, give them a good tip, and a scripture booklet, or tract, in a bag of candy.

We had a couple of guys out today.  A lot of work on the valve.  I don't pretend to understand.  We have a new tub fixture sticking out of the wall.  It works.  It doesn't leak.  Yay!

They covered up the "cat hole" with drywall and screwed that in.  Bubba is really disappointed.  He liked that hole.  He loved to squirm in there and go exploring inside the wall.  Then they did some tile work.  I expected plain tile; they're putting some nice border tile around the window.  It looks LOVELY.

They ate some goodies, drank some drinks, and then left.  That's when Ron and I got the Chinese food.

We also saw Rick the Electrician.  He's a great guy.  Over the last several years, he's installed a ceiling fan; new ballast for the kitchen light; and fixed a bad outlet in the kitchen.

He came out to look at our battery operated lawnmower.  Apparently it's a battery problem.  That's good, and bad.  It's good because that's a lot cheaper than a new mower.  It's bad because we still have to get a new battery.  Knowledge is power and he's a nice guy.

I made him some baked goods; triple chocolate brownies, and cornbread with bacon and cheese.  He was happy.  We even gave him a cow hoof for his dog.

Every dog I've met (not many) loves a hoof.   Do you have a dog?  Do they like cow hooves?  Post a comment.  I'd be curious to hear your experiences.  Let us know what kind of dog you have.

Even Bubba cat likes to sniff at a cow hoof!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh heh, used to work with a girl who got a Jack Russell Terrier. She'd bring him to the office when the big cats were away, and she always had a hoof in her purse for him. I think she loved giving him the hoof and saying "hooves" more than the dog actually liked the hooves, but he DID like them.

That's about all I know about hooves and dogs.

icebear said...

my basset loves hooves, but loves compressed rawhide even more

icebear said...

i also remember working at a stable, the dogs loved when the farrier came. plenty of hoof parings for the dogs to enjoy.