Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Galveston Bladder Infection

I'm back!  For obvious security reasons, I don't talk about trips to Galveston until I'm back.

I had lunch with Mom, Dad, and other assorted family on Sunday.  Monday morning, I took my bag and two folding chairs to work.  Dad picked us up after work and we went to Galveston.

[Monday night I started having some bladder irritation]

We had a great time just riding around, got ice cream, and spent a lot of time on the Seawall.  You know I fed the seagulls.  I had a good time.

So did Ron.  I thought it was cute, he was upset he had forgotten to bring tracts.

Mom got some great shots, and boy, the camera sees everything.  I will proudly use those as my "before" photos one day.

The Haldol is working great, but it "activates" me - like a cup of coffee, so we switched it to mornings.  It really wakes me up.  I noticed I don't have any noise in my head, weird thoughts and all.  It's great.  The other stuff was good, but I still had some "volume".  Now, it's OFF.

Praise God, and I mean that sincerely.  No nausea!  I also find it interesting, I don't have much of an appetite either.  Now, the Risperdal can affect blood sugar, and I think it was.  I think, on my current regime, I'll lose some weight as long as I eat intelligently.

Anyway, Tuesday we drove back to Houston.  I left my backpack, and most of my medication, in the trunk.  Agh.  Not only that, Ron left his talking book machine.  We should be getting them back tomorrow.

Now, back to my regularly scheduled bladder-infection-water-chugging contest.  I see my primary doc tomorrow - he's good, and I love him to death.  He isn't WEIRD about the mental illness, just practical.

Most of the regular doctors I have met, have been very weird about my illness.  It's hard to find one who's practical.

Oh, and my title?  I got a bladder infection the last time I went to Galveston, and I didn't even get in the water, either time!

1 comment:

icebear said...

you are lucky, haldol takes me OUT, thus i take it at night and hope to be coherant in the morning! lol

glad you had a fun trip!