Monday, March 26, 2012

Don't eat sugar, Heather.

So how is my mood anyway?

Well, I realized last week, when I got snarly over someone parking in front of my house, that I needed to look at my lithium.  I'm on a higher dose now.

Mood wise?  I am fantastic.  I'm not running around paranoid and snarly.  I'm not really up or down, unless I eat sugar.  Then I'm reminded that a vicious depression lurks at the end of EVERY month (about the 15 to the 30th).

I adore the Haldol.  I have no nausea, and no perceptible side effects.  It's a good teammate for the lithium.

I get the odd hot flash from the Wellbutrin but that's it, and I still get somewhat nauseous when I forget to eat.  I have been eating terribly, by the way.  Stress eating over the remodel.

Of course my feet hated that, and the plantar fasciitis started yelling at me again.  Don't eat sugar, Heather.  It ruins my mood and my body.

So, the mood is great, about as good as I think I can get.  Especially considering all the stress.  

However, I'm pretty groggy.  Not fun.  I have a hard time finding words and thinking clearly, but then again, my job is not really high-test.  Stick the can in the hole, Ron says.   Right now, vaguely queasy, but I think that's the cheddar burger I had for dinner.

I like to think I am very mellow.  I haven't had a "proper" shower since Thursday, but between sink baths, and tub baths, I've been fine.  I can live primitively if required.

I'd like to think I would do well in missions, overseas, but then I think I'm doing missions at home, anyway.

Anyway, I've been very calm and mellow about the changes, the drama, and how it'll all look in the future.  It's not worth my anxiety.

See, I can say this because I'm properly medicated.  Praise God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOH..I get really bad from sugar, too..hugs.