Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tuesday Chicken Special

Sorry, I missed a couple of days.

Cue excuses: busy.  We've been really busy at work this week.  I finally got a Day Out.

It turns out it's a good thing I broke my toe.  We had a bus-stop rapist.  They caught him this week.  That's the nice thing about being laid up at home, sick and with a broken toe, I wasn't out on the bus.

However, all my bus stops are in very populated areas.  Chivalry is not dead in Texas, and I have a little surprise for bad guys.

I was happy I could do some nice things for people.  Jesus says, don't talk about your good deeds (I am not good at that), so I'll just say I was glad I could help in small ways.

So, I worked every day but Tuesday.  Tuesday I had a Day Out.  Ron swears he loves to give me rides, and his love language IS acts of service.  So, I had him take me to Walmart, come home, Starbucks, and he went home by himself.

By leaving me there, he saved me an hour bus transit, and 2 bus rides.  I went to Academy sports and got a few summer clothes, some warmup shorts, and a tshirt.

I also ran off copies of Ron's latest tract, and found a water proof envelope I can use for storing my Bible in my backpack.  Backpack Bibles have a hard time; it's an abusive environment.  It's worked very well.

I also recopied all the prayer notes for my God time (several double sided pages), and made a backup folder, which also lives in my backpack.  I wasn't done yet!

My heels were a little tender, but not my toe, thank God.  The next day my calves were a little tender but not much.  It's been a while since I did that much walking.

I went to make a deposit.  I had saved some change in a jar, and turned it into cash.  The cash went into my account and then to a charity.  I looked around, not my favorite grocery store.

Ron had asked me to get the Tuesday Chicken Special.  2 pieces of dark meat for $1.  I got him, as requested, 3 specials.  I also got a mild special for the driver.  She said no, so when I got home I ate a piece and Ron gave the other one to the cat.  He took off the skin and deboned it, then fed it.

Ron ate all 3 specials (amazing he is still about 160 pounds), and fell into a deep sleep, snoring loudly.  He was pretty cute.  Mr Cat loved his chicken.

I ate a thigh.  It was pretty good.  It's kind of a joke, I only want chicken at a certain phase in my cycle.  The rest of the time I hate chicken.

I'm down another pound, even though I have eaten really bad things this week.  Yesterday we went to the computer store, had a problem with the PC.  He fixed it.  Paratransit wasn't coming for another hour. So, we ordered a pizza.  It felt like a party, me, Ron and the owner all eating slices, offering them to customers, etc.  It was fun.

Today I got online with the fixed computer and filed the overdue accounting report.

Our boss came out, we had a good visit.  He is bringing us new equipment tomorrow (would have been a day off).

Oh, and I bought something I had wanted for a long while.  Purple rubber bands.  I use them at work, and since I bought them why not?  I love purple.  I really enjoyed using them.

I got a request at work, one I could stock.  My snack machines, finally, look fantastic.  Ron has been good about getting me my inventory.

Oh, and I got a sponsor, who sent me over a case of Bibles.  I'm doing a handout on Tuesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Just wanted to say I enjoy reading your posts on rr-bb. I am not religious, I just like to occasionally look at various points of view(usually around election time...), and rr-bb satisfies one of them.

I think you are a pretty awesome person, even if I disagree with your politics and theology. You always sound so generous and optimistic. I remember one of my first times on rr-bb after coming from a link on iidb years ago, one of your posts resonated strongly with me and I shed a few tears.

I came across your blog from a link on your rr-bb account. Hope this does not seem too strange to post.

Cheers!
E

Heather Knits said...

Thank you! That is very sweet!

I hope I can shine God's love on everyone I meet, online or off. ((((hugs)))

He has taken me through some horrible, dark, times. He's never left me. I've never had a human do that!