Friday, March 16, 2012

Good Boy!

I read this when I was a little girl.  Someday 

I always felt so bad for the poor computer.  The kids beat it and cursed it.

I told myself I would never do that to any kind of equipment.

I have a very old washer (over 10 years).  It has a problem with the spin cycle.  Sometimes it fails to engage.  Tonight, as I opened it, I viewed nicely spun laundry pressed against the walls of the drum.

GOOD BOY!  I praised, as I patted the machine affectionately.  I do that with everything.

A customer caught my closing a soda machine.  I have serviced it for over 10 years.  It's a beauty, it seldom has any errors.  As I closed it, I said GOOD BOY and petted it.  I heard a snicker from the customer.

I service a total of 9 machines, directly.  I have TWO of the oldest machines in the program.

When I work on them, I talk to them, and I always tell them they're doing a good job.

One some deep level, I believe they are sentient and appreciate the nurturing.

I do have, two of the oldest machines, in the program.  We also have a  very low repair bill.

You can draw your own conclusions.

No comments: