Monday, January 2, 2012

Sugar Detox

Ron and I had fun doing the firecrackers. 

I stopped buying sugary, processed, junk.  It's funny.  When I eat something that spikes my blood sugar, I get a headache the next day. 

Yet, when I cut out all the processed crap (most of it), and avoid sugar, guess what?  I get a headache.  Happily my "Headache Relief Formula" tablets are cheap. 

So, whining: headache for days now.  Detoxing from the sugar.  I'm eating headache pills every 5 hours. 

Good news: down 2 pounds already.  I am, currently, at my all-time high, but I'm taking the steps I need to get healthy.  Once I'm effectively off the sugar, I'll have a much better time. 

You can check out my food log - I'm going to be posting my food and activities every day.  About the closest I plan to get to sugar; stocking the vending machine, and finally growing a sugar beet.  I have wanted to do that for years, but always felt vaguely embarrassed about it. 

Why not?  I have heard they can be cooked and shredded into salad.  I might love eating them.  If nothing else, I can feed them to some livestock not far from the subdivision.  

Things have been good with Ron.  I'm glad I timed my sugar detox for my days off. 

I hope I feel better by tomorrow; we have to work. 

No comments: