Monday, January 30, 2012

It's nice to be appreciated

Last night, Ron and I stayed up late watching a romantic comedy.  "Flipped"  It was very cute, and ran very late for us.  

See, we had to get up at 3.  Not an auspicious start, when Ron wakes me up at 3.  My alarm, didn't.  

I had enough time to eat, shower, pill, and dress.  Off to work.  We had a new driver.  I hope she does better.  

I felt safe, just a little frustrated; and I hope it didn't show too much.  

We had a lot to do:  it's the end of the month.  Meter readings, pull bills, pull change.  Receive 3 deliveries. Report all totals to Ron, help him stock.  Tally the money and report total to Ron.  Get paid.  Exchange rolls of quarters for "real" money at credit union, fix naughty vending machine.  Talk to other vendor.  Pay not one, but three property tax things.  

School 
Utility district
County  

It was highly depressing to conclude we could never sell the house, the deferred property taxes are probably 5 thousand by now.  I had to remind myself  to turn it over to Jesus.  I managed to clear myself up before Ron noticed.  

Yay for medication; and my faith.  Ron was really appreciative all day.  "Oh, you're such a big help".  "I couldn't do any of this without your help"  "Take a foot break!"  

I love that; it's the gas that keeps me going.  I don't mind running around all day, if I know it's appreciated.  

I do find it funny.  When I worked retail I used to be a real brat about getting my breaks and lunches.  Now, I'm lucky to sit down for 5 minutes.  [snort]  Self employed means I don't get a lunch.  

After work, we went to the bank and deposited what we had (not much).  We went to the mall and got some lunch.  I had a chicken thing, with bacon on it.  It was OK except for the sauce.  We had a pretty good ride home.  

By this point, we've been up for over 10 hours on inadequate sleep.  Nap time.  

Ron's still out.  


No comments: