Friday, January 20, 2012

Shorty Patrol

Boy, I'm beat.

Last night I waited too long to take my PM stuff and got pretty depressed.  I had no energy.

Finally went to bed, got some sleep.  Some barking, though.

"Cuddles" the pit bull (one owned by ignorant, fearful, people and trained to be aggressive) is in heat, and a small male Chihuahua was sniffing around.  We named him Shorty.  He's been around for a few days now.

Bubba caught me trying to coax him over and was very upset (Bubba the black cat in the slideshow).  However, the poor little guy has been running around for days.  I'm sure he's hungry.

So, I got out the dog bones and broke one up, in the front yard.  I put a couple more by the chair on the porch.  When we got home today, only crumbs.  I sure hope Shorty ate it.  Maybe the cat.

Speaking of, we filled up both food bowls and his very large water bowl (holds about 2 gallons) for Bubba.  He was so happy to see the spread, he scent-marked them.  It's awfully cute to watch him rub the scent glands on his face against us, or an item.

I'm glad he wants them.  Anyway, I haven't seen a lot of him, he's on Shorty patrol.    I keep hoping I'll see a lost dog sign so I can call his mommy.

I had a really hard time getting up this morning.  I still haven't gotten my blood test results.  If I don't by tomorrow night I'm going to call the lab.  My arms are better.

So, I got up and did my Bible study, but not the prayer part of the program, (that comes after I log off).  I just didn't have the energy.

We went to a grocery store and then to work, taking some soda with us.  We had a rather odd woman riding with us to work.

I mean, we are pretty nuts.  I had Ron in the wheelchair, and rather than deal with the "Why are you in a wheelchair" questions I decided to make a joke of it.

OK, if you are easily offended go away.  I don't want a box full of outraged comments.

So, there I am, waiting for our ride (I did this three times today).  Ron's blind.  Had a stroke.  Sitting in the wheelchair.

I'd say "Oh, he's coming now".  When the driver pulled up and got out, or rolled down the window, I would  put my hand on Ron's shoulder and loudly say "In the name of Jesus, GET UP!  GET UP!" and Ron would stand up.

The drivers almost fell down laughing.  And, we avoided the questions.  I tend to get a wee bit frustrated.

Why would they think he is in the wheelchair?  Because it is fun?  No, because he needs it.

Anyway, they had fun.  So, the other passenger, we think might have had a brain issue.  She kept making strange, random comments.

I took a soda out of my bag "Soda!  One Dollar soda!"  I smiled in a very baffled manner and said "Excuse me?"

"ONE DOLLAR SODA!"  She seemed to get angry as I drank it so maybe she was asking for one.  I told her "It isn't cold, anyway", and made a point of focusing on Ron.

She had a lunch, in a clear plastic bag, with drinks.  Besides - she's limited.  If I give her the wrong thing that could be a liability issue.  And I was not taking off my seatbelt on the freeway and walking up the aisle to hand her a drink!

Happy to get off, as a result.  One time I almost got mugged by another slow client, for my Dr Pepper.  What is it with me getting mugged for Dr Peppers?  [laugh]  Are they that good?

We did our work stuff, Ron needed a lot of help, said I was a big help.  I just love to hear it.

After work, we went to the "good bank".  We have been trying another branch but they are completely incompetent.  They can't do even the most basic deposit.

I was so happy to go back to the old place, and get the good tellers.  I deposited the contents of my change jar; they will process it and put it in Ron's account.

We went to the mall and got something to eat.  Ron has a favorite place and I encouraged him to get his favorite dish.  He told me "You were right, this is the best" as he gobbled it.

We had a pretty good ride home (and another miraculous "healing" [snort]), and I took a nap.  I was just wiped out.

When I woke up, I watered my plants and checked the mail.  I saw Shorty again, running down the sidewalk.  Him, I don't mind.  He is small and harmless.

I had a little fun on the computer and did some research.  I try to stay busy when I am battling depression.

Now, I just need to do my prayer time.

Tomorrow it's Ron's birthday.  Unlike other years, he wants to go out.  We plan to hit two food places he lives (with a large digestion period in between).  He also wants me to trim his beard.

He's starting to look like one of those old time mountain men.

No comments: