Sunday, November 2, 2014

Bounty

Biblica had a huge sale on New Testaments.  Including New King James, my favorite version.   At a quarter each, I had to tell my sponsors.  I just put it out there - if you ever wanted to get me Bibles, you can get them for a quarter. 

As a result, I will end up with over 350.  Awesome. 

Some might wonder what to do with such bounty.  I have an idea. 

Ever since I encountered the gay-friendly group posing as a "Christian rehab" facility, I have toyed with the idea of doing a bonafide Bible Handout in front of a store. 

Having educated myself, I know I need (written) permission from the store manager.  I will need a folding table.  I will need a chair (I have a folding one I take to work, I sit in it waiting on our ride after we're done), which I have.  I have plenty of Free Bibles signs, but I will need to make a Spanish "Biblias Gratis" and one that says "No donations".  Assuming, of course, I can get permission from the store manager. 

Unlike most of the donation-seeking authorized panhandlers, I plan to sit in my chair, WITHOUT accosting shoppers.  If they want a Bible God will lead them over.  I will be friendly, wave, and smile. 

I will also need a ride to and from, because I have a LOT of Bibles, a folding table (I'm hoping I can borrow one), and Ron in his wheelchair (he could arrange his own ride to the store, though).  It's a lot of details, especially for me. 

However, if God wants me to do it, nothing can stop it. 

I will continue to pray and ask God for a "Billboard". 

No comments: