Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Wednesday

 I slept pretty well last night and woke to discover I had gotten paid.  It was funny, when speaking with my aunt she told me I had been paid and then mentioned she gets an email with my account activity every day since I added her to the account.  

I am OK with that as I think it is good to have a little accountability.  I wouldn't feel comfortable with anyone else having that level of access, though.  She also has my email password.  

So I had a good talk with her, took a shower and did my God Time (most of it, will do the intercessory prayer shortly).  I have been figuring out my budget as my hours have been cut this pay period.  Not a whole lot, but some.  

For one they keep trying to work me out of my availability, and to be honest, if I had a car that would NOT be an issue.  BUT I ride the bus which is only running until 10 PM so I had to talk to personnel about that, which ends up with me working less hours.  I can work 8 AM to 9 PM most nights, and till 10 PM two other nights.  I think that is plenty.  

So I thought let's do a little challenge and see how much money I can save being stingy.  So that is the goal the next couple weeks.  I will of course be paying Jack his rate, no problem with that.  I will be making my grocery delivery order on my day off but hopefully not much over the $35 minimum.  I already paid the electric bill which was $60, but the air has been running more (even at 82 degrees).  That will be going up, need to plan for that.  

Gas bill should be due next week but not overly worried about that.  That is just cooking and hot water heater.  Maybe $30.  I already covered the general homeowner's policy.  

Another thing I want to do: set up a savings account and start funneling money every pay period to cover house expenses (insurance and property tax).  I don't want to do that "Ron style" scrambling at the last minute.  I would much rather squirrel some away every month.  

I am going to be positive and assume the house will be paid off; Ron's last gift.  So I need to plan for upkeep.  Ideally put $100 or more a month into a fund for repairs.  Because as I have seen things do happen.  

But it will be nice to have the "escrow" separate from the main money so I don't have confusion.  So that's on the list.  

But I have, and can get cheaply, things like chili, canned pasta, frozen ground turkey is still pretty cheap, etc.  I have a lot of rice and beans on hand, just need the time to cook it.   I will keep getting my collagen powder (vanity for hair growth and joints) and pea protein shakes as they have lots of protein and I see that as important to my health.  But I do store brands on both.  👍

Anyway I am going to go do my intercessory prayer... 

No comments: