Wednesday, June 16, 2021

I got a lot done today

 So my aunt came at 11.  First step she was thirsty so we ran to the gas station for cold drinks, then the Post office.  I had some expectations at the Post Office today.  

  • Homeowner's insurance policy had been paid but no papers yet, hoping they would come today.  
  • Ordered some tracts,  hoping to get them.  
  • Ordered some Scripture booklets - if they ever search my house hoping to prove I am a believer I am screwed because I have literally HUNDREDS of "How to Know Jesus" type things.  But I needed more because I do hand them out at a good rate.  Thank you God for using me.  
  • Anyway, I had ordered some soap and vitamins from Swanson.  
  • No gas bill yet need to pay that.  
  • Not related to Post Office but also told Amazon was bringing my air filters today.  
So: got the insurance papers.  Happy and delighted.  Got the tracts, looks like a lot more than I ordered but I go through tracts quickly.  No booklets but I have the tracts.  Got the soap and vitamins, my aunt enjoyed her fancy bar of lavender soap.  Got the gas bill, $20.  Got a lovely card with some gifts which I will enjoy using!  When we got home Amazon showed up about 2 minutes later with my air filters.  So I got almost everything, and a few things I didn't expect.  

The tract people spent $8 on shipping so I sent them some money.  Seems only fair.  They get over a thousand requests a year.  The tracts are good quality.  

We returned the cable boxes for the TV, that only took a few minutes.  Then we got some lunch.  We went to Chilis.  We had a good meal.  

Next time I will feel better bringing small bills with me so I don't have to wait on getting change back.  I handed out 6 bags of candy with Scripture booklets so I felt it was "a good" day.  

I need to do up more candy today.  I am out of booklets but have hundreds of tracts.  I may need to fold the tract over to fit it in the bag but that's easy enough.  And I have a nice variety.  Here's a link, go to "publications" and they have .pdf files of each tract so you can read them.  https://www.gtpress.org/

You can ask for "assorted adult" or whatever and they will do it.  They even have some "good for Muslims" etc.  

So a pretty good day yesterday.  Today horrible depression but I did get some house cleaning in there.  

No comments: