Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Free TV is the best kind

 I did my God Time, prayed, did a little texting... decided to get the cable boxes ready for return.  It took me a while to untangle the cord and clean it up (a little dusty), get each box (one for Ron) in a bag with the respective remote.  

I had a little trouble untangling it but got it.  Then I tried to see if "just" the TV could pick up signals... and it couldn't.  I got the antenna out of Ron's closet, we had bought it years ago when we were trying to cut back on the cable bill.  But Ron liked the cable enough I kept it on until he died.  

My aunt has been busy putting out fires with the estate so the cable got pushed down, but this weekend we did switch it to my name, turn off the TV portion.  That saves me $100 a month.  But no tv!  

Which I did miss... so today, instead of feeling sorry for myself, I got it going.  It took longer than I'd like to admit to find the coax in.  I got that screwed in... I am terrible about dusting so my clothes are filthy with dust now...I had to put the TV in my lap to get the coax.  But I did it.  

I didn't have high hopes when I told it to scan again but it found 68 channels, including my favorite, ION.  Good quality, too.  I would put up a link for the antenna but we bought it 5 years ago and no longer available from Amazon.  

68, free, channels is not bad.  And I already bought the antenna.  I stuck that in a window by the way, facing downtown.  Pays to live in the big city sometimes...like my local bus running literally 20 hours a day.  

So something good today.  

No comments: