Thursday, July 31, 2014

That which doesn't kill me...

I almost died 3 times. 

Twice I began choking and had to be saved.  Once by my adoptive/step mother.  Whatever you want to say... 

Another time I choked on a round lime green candy from the candy dish at church.  It was a ball, about an inch in diameter.  Lime flavored.  A guy gave me the Hiemlech. 

I don't like lime flavored things anymore.  I remember the taste of the candy in my mouth as I tried to breathe (it completely cut off my airway). 

The third time I had an allergic reaction to my antidepressant.  I passed out, throat swelled up (but didn't close) and I developed a serious case of hives.

I'm not counting suicidal depressions, which are many.  I'm not counting near-miss traffic accidents, which are many. 

I am at huge risk for heart disease due to obesity, family history, and psychiatric medication. 

Those are the things that will kill me. 

I don't worry about Ebola.  I don't worry about "superbugs coming over the border with all the illegals." 

I don't worry, period.  Whatever gets me to heaven will do just that.  I just hope it's quick and painless. 

No comments: