Sunday, July 6, 2014

"We need to bring you up"

We went to church. 

Now that it's so easy, we love going to church. 

Anyway, moving on: We got there early, which is good.  I hate being late.  We did the prayer meeting before and I told a few people about the latest Bible Handout. 

A lot of gaping when they heard we did about 75.  I always ask them to pray for the recipients. 

I take that very seriously, prayer for the recipients.  They need it. 

Do I think they will go to hell if I don't?  No.  But God told me to do it and they need it; we all need prayer, which is one reason you're on the prayer list too. 

Church was good.  I didn't have any wellness issues.  I just had to pee. 

At the end of the service, the pastor brought up a few mission groups, discussed the projects, and prayed with them.  After the service, I emptied my bladder and went back into the sanctuary. 

I told the pastor a little about the Bible Handouts, as he grinned and his wife patted me (literally) on the back.  They were thrilled to hear about it, that I had been doing this while under their roof. 

It's amazing, I told them, that God can use two people so broken!  It all goes to His strength made perfect in our weakness!  (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

"We need to bring you up next week and tell the church about this." 

I demurred, but he insisted.  "They'll love to hear about this and I'm sure you can use the prayer support." 

I always covet prayer for the recipients, I admitted. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

be careful how much you give to a church you newly join..that was kind of manipulative how he talked you into that you know :)

good luck ..you are not weak you are strong and all your proclaimed "weakness" Heather you are one of the strongest woman I know

keep taking your meds..use good judgment and reserve yourself for later with the church ..give it time good luck ..be well and keep handing out those bibles your service is your own church and mission ..having a community is great ..but keep strong on your own as well

Heather Knits said...

Oh, I'm not giving them money. If they want to talk about the Handouts and pray for the recipients I'm totally fine with that.

I'm going to do the Handouts regardless of where I end up. I did them for years on my own before I even found a church. If they told me to stop, I'd leave.

Heather Knits said...

I also had a family member sucked into a cult so I am very, very, careful.