Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Heather's day off

Yesterday, did I do a blog? 

I got up early, went in, stocked, inventory.  We needed cinnamon rolls, cheese danish, snickers, and a candy bar assortment. 

We went to the warehouse, and I bought it all.  One thing I hated: Ron was so cheap about buying snack inventory. 

Food machine?  Grudgingly.  Sodas?  You bet, the #1 priority.  Snacks?  Forget it.  I had to beg to get even minimal inventory to front the machines. 

However, last year Ron made a turnaround.  He grumbles, but he does "let" me get the snack inventory.  As a result, snacks have surged to first place in sales. 

We went back to work, I stocked, and helped Ron stock. 

When I ran by the credit union, they told me they aren't allowed access to the vending machines anymore. 

I told them I could call occasionally and deliver snacks.  They loved it. 

We went home. 

We had a driver who upset me some.  He wanted to hear about the accident, and then basically said we were too stupid to get a good settlement. 

We told him, nicely, we consulted multiple attorneys.  The "Postal Worker" was not on the clock, not on the property, driving a PRIVATE vehicle.  Therefore, the accident wasn't covered by the Postal insurance, but his private, minimal coverage policy. 

The driver told us, if it had been him hurt he would have gotten a bigger settlement.  I didn't argue. 

It's very hurtful and insulting when someone judges us like that.  [Lord, may I never be that person]  We're not stupid.  Don't you think we wanted some 6-7 figure "justice" like you see on TV? 

If we could have acheived that, we would've. 

I don't like being told we were screwed over.  Yes, we were, by "Insurance Reform". But I don't need people beating us over the head with it.   No wonder I didn't want to blog last night. 

I was still courteous to the driver, and gave him some ice cream when we got to the house.  The ice-cream-for-drivers has been tremendously popular. 

I was happy to find a case of Bibles on the porch.  I've been wanting some whole Bibles.  I got 25, but I gave one away to the driver. 

I also got some Spanish Gospels of John. 

I am in desperate need of Spanish, so I'm happy to see them.  I've been checking my main source of Spanish Bibles, but they're out of New Testaments. 

I made a batch of henna, heavy on the rose petals (they come as a mauve powder from the import store).  I went to bed pretty early. 

I slept in, got up around 7.  I did my God Time wearing my good glasses.  I washed my hair with shampoo only, wrung it out, and applied the henna, a rather tedious and very messy process. 

I shoved it all under a shower cap and watched Supernatural for a while.  After the programs, I wrapped my head with some additional plastic wrap (mainly edging the shower cap). 

A little about my sleep patterns: I sleep on a pyramid of 3 pillows. I put a garbage bag over the top pillow, and a very old towel on top of that. 

I took a nice nap. 

I had a freaky dream about bad plumbing, which woke me up (terrible leak, in a ceiling I didn't recognize).  I got up and rinsed the henna.  A tedious process. 

I rinse with lots of water, and then "wash" with conditioner. 

Then I got online. 

I helped Ron with some A/R stuff, that was it for work. 

I'll probably have a bowl of cereal for dinner. 

No comments: