Wednesday, July 16, 2014

With a migraine

I woke up with a migraine at 3 AM.  I crawled out of bed, disentangling from Torbie cat, and took two Excedrin, washed down with half a bottle of Diet Mountain Dew. 

I've battled it all day. 

I am happy, every day I have done my God Time, worked, and taken my meds; in spite of these awful headaches. 

It's Day 4. 

We went to work, I stocked a little.  I'm out of (sour gummy) worms.  I need more chips, too.  We took the money out of the machines and I counted it, then we went to the bank.

While at work, I called Yellow cab twice, until I got ahold of someone in management.  I got permission to mail the box, which they will forward to the injured driver.  Good.  He even double checked the address. 

After the bank, we went to the mall, and I told Ron "There isn't a thing here, I'd buy."  No modest clothing (and I'm not a prude), I'm not into jewelry, and I get my vitamins from Swanson.  I did get a hamburger from the food court. 

We came home and I made up my care package:
2 devotionals I felt led to donate
The Bible I marked up after Ron's accident, lots of encouraging passages - also strongly led to donate.  I never use it anyway. 
Snacks.
A letter explaining why I did this
Etc. 

I taped up the box, loaded it, and taped it shut after double-checking.  I made sure I had the address, etc., and put it in a tote bag. 

We went to Taco Bell and I walked over to the Post Office.  I had treats for the Postal Workers.  I like feeding Postal Workers, even if they aren't "mine".  [grin] 

"Mine" will be processing it, probably right now, anyway. 

It's off in the mail, I went to the taco truck and got some takeout. 

The food is delicious but it's a very long wait.  We had the time, so I waited.  Ron inhaled his tacos.  I saved my food for later. 

Strong flavors and scents don't work very well with a migraine.  We had to wait about an hour for a pickup. 

I figure lots of people go on "mission trips" with hours of travel time.  This was my mission trip. 

We had a good ride home.  The headache's intermittent.  I will be eating some cheesecake soon and taking my meds. 

God knows I have to do that. 

No comments: