Thursday, July 10, 2014

I hate to miss and opportunity

Yesterday found me in front of an open snack machine, looking down at a box of chips, infuriated. 

Frito-Lay sent me a case of air-bags.  I'd be shocked if they had 3 chips apiece. 

I cannot and will not sell that crap to my customers.  I'd rather have an empty machine than rob them thus.  I am returning them. 

I stocked what I could, but resolved it would be a cold day in hell before I'd buy another case of Ruffles Original, or Lay's BBQ.  I hope Frito Lay does read this. 

A vendor needs quality product in order to have happy, repeat, customers.  If the customer feels cheated they won't come back. 

We'd gotten up early, did my God Time, and went to the warehouse.  I needed a lot of pastry, which I bought.  Ron needed water (out of stock) and Mountain Dew (we got 2). 

I taggled a box and a half of pastry before I realized, in horror, I was tagging them out of code in 3 days.  I had to take off all the labels. 

My hands have never been what I'd consider excellent at fine-motor coordination.  The lithium makes it worse.  God is good, it seldom affects my daily living, but I had a horrible time removing those labels.  I got them off and relabeled, all the while helping Ron. 

The Bible says, before praying, I need to have my heart clear of anger and bitterness.  Matthew 5:23, Matthew 5:44

I couldn't "reconcile" - not when Ron felt he had acted acceptably.  It would have just created strife.  My job was getting over it without burying it and becoming bitter.  God helped me to do that. 

People are going to fail me.  God will never. 

I have one God.  He is not human.  I can't expect to have a husband who never fails me in some way.  He's human - every man will fail at some point.  God knows I do! 

So, I settled all that the best I could before work and we worked very well together. 

One of our machines ate a $5.  Someone is very unhappy.  We plan to post Ron's phone number so people can arrange refunds. 

We went home, I took a nap.  When I got up I spent hours online with our wholesaler, finding merchandise.  Ron wanted a delivery. 

I found some fun things, like large bag kettle chips, hot popcorn, jalapeno crackers.  Companies I know produce good product, and good food costs.  I'm looking forward to stocking tomorrow.  I might take a photo.

When Ron woke up, I discussed the order and he said it sounded great. 

We have a $500 minimum.  After I called in everything, we still had over $140 to go. 

We are always running out of bottled water.  We could easily have a couple rows in each food machine, and two rows in the bottled vendor, and sell out every day.  But we lack water. 

So, I made it up with 20 cases of bottled water.  Ron got a little squinty over that.  "Why didn't you get some chips?"  Well, chips take a while to sell.  We can probably sell 2-4 cases of water a day. 

"Where are you going to put it?" 

"I'll find a place." 

I will. 

Today we went to the bank, carrying a large amount of change to deposit our sales tax.  Ron likes to pay the sales tax in quarters, so to speak. 

Last time the bank objected to the large amount of rolled quarters.  This time he brought loose change. They put the change in giant, sealed plastic bags. 

We left and went to the mall.  About halfway through the store, Ron remembered we had some more business.  We went back to the bank and conducted that. 

Boy, I felt pretty special.  Ron and I kept remarking we are "allowed" to live on our own. 

I told Ron, by the way, I was not counting today as a day off. 

We got lunch. 

After lunch, a man approached Ron.  He wanted to pray for Ron's healing. 

No, we replied kindly.  "We need to be disabled to do the work God has for us.  Thank you for your consideration, but if Ron were healed we would lose our jobs, lose our ministries, and I don't believe that's God's will for us."  I told him about the Bible Handouts "So please pray for the recipients instead".  He nodded and left. 

While I was writing this, three very iffy looking young men rang my doorbell and were given a Bible each. 

I hate to miss an opportunity. 

No comments: