Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Everybody loves Walmart

In this economy, everyone loves Walmart. Today I went to Walmart.

We had to work today (usually our day off) because I see my psychiatrist tomorrow. I consider my visits "tune-ups". My blood pressure's been a little low, and maybe he needs to know my fasting glucose is 117. I do want to show off my new figure.

So, after work, Ron and I went to Burger King. He can actually eat more and somewhat enjoy his food. I went to a beauty supply store because they have an awesome collection of belts. The belts run $4-5. I can actually afford them.

I had bought a "large" which, happily, proved to be "too large". I'm going to donate it. I got a few belts, silver, black, red, pink, cobalt, and orange. I got them all in MEDIUM! You'll see at least one of them within a few days. I'm doing new progress pictures tomorrow. I also got some temporary hair color. It'll be fun to be "hot pink" tomorrow. I'm very excited about the possibilities of the belts for work. I am very limited in what I can wear in my vending job. Today I squatted down on the floor, then lay on the floor and reached under a machine. I often squeeze behind/between machines. I take out big, messy, rolling dumpsters and squat down to dump them. I empty 13 gallon trash bags of used coffee grounds.

So, the word of the day is cheap, durable, and cute. I generally pair a brightly colored, inexpensive tshirt with Walmart jeans and sneakers. Now I can slap on a cute belt. The last time I did that, with the too-large-"large", I got loads of compliments on my weight loss. So, I guess it's OK fashion wise.

I had loads of fun. I also got a cute linen dress, and a cute silk dress, at Salvation Army. I was so tired I forgot I put MY hat in the basket, so I paid for it, too. [laugh] It's a donation. The dresses are a little small but I feel they're attainable sizes. They only cost $7 for the both, and they're in perfect shape.

Then my little rolling cart and I went to Walmart. I tried on some jeans, but the fitting room mirror was not kind today. I kept thinking, I used to look a lot worse but I still thought I looked pretty bad.

Well, I'm not a supermodel and God has his own Design for me. I am taking good care of the body He gave me and that's what matters.

I got exciting things like light bulbs, cat food, etc. As I passed the bathroom, I noticed one lady sitting at the computer applying for a job. Someone else was waiting to use the computer after her. As I left the bathroom, the second person was now applying and a third person was waiting!

A sign of the times. Fortunately, Walmart was pretty quiet on a Wednesday afternoon. Who bought my Slimfast Low Carb Vanilla? Who? I almost cried.

I got pretty medicated towards the end. I didn't want to dare a depoisit, and I actually lost a hamburger while waiting on my cab. Thank God I don't have children!

Ron had some biscuits for dinner tonight and Frosty actually stole one and licked the butter off. I wish I'd had my camera.

No comments: