Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'm listening to Newsboys on my computer as I type. I spent most of the day helping my husband download tunes - he got some gift cards for Christmas. Ron said I could download a few tunes for myself, so I did.

I just finished listening to a nifty tune "Wake the Dead" by Family Force 5. It's addictive. I keep clicking on it again and again. "Play" "Play". What else did I get?

Group 1 Crew, "Live out Loud" - kind of hip-hoppy, some rap. I love it too. It's very danceable. I keep thinking, listening to today's music, how great it would be for running.

116 Clique; "Fanatics Raggaeton". "I'm not extreme, I'm redeemed with faith!" A very tasty change of pace on my player. Even the most die-hard conservative Christian couldn't object to the lyrics.

I also got more Skillet - "Those Nights". I have a huge amount of Skillet on my player, great group. Ron did listen to one song and was shocked to learn that the group is half women, and one of them's the drummer. He used to be a drummer way back so he was impressed.

All this got me thinking how BLESSED I am to live in this country. In America, I can pay for and download whatever songs I want, be it "Wake the Dead" or "It's my Perogative" - I got 2 versions of that'n. Having Christian music on my computer, talking about it on my blog, and carrying it on my person is all perfectly legal. It's my right.

Many other countries are not so blessed. Let's take a sec to pray for those Christians, huh?

No comments: