Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tune-up

Today I saw my psychiatrist for my tune up. Overall, it went great.

My aunt encouraged me to try some pink hair color - temporary, so I did. It was fun. I can check that off my list of things to do. Most people seemed to like it.

I brought some chocolate for the office staff, they are really sweet gals and have a good time at work. I brought a bag of Ron's beloved pretzels for the Dr.

He complimented me on my continuing weight loss and I told him about the low blood pressure I've been having. I asked if I could cut my Lexapros in half. He said yes. Yay!

I don't care about the money, I'll pay whatever it takes to keep me sane, but if I can lose some side effects I'll do it! I also mentioned my blood sugar readings, 110 and 117 when I checked. He wants me to keep an eye on that, which I'll do happily. I would rather deal with it early than end up needing an amputation because I was an idiot.

Speaking of idocity, my gallbladder's been "intermittent" the last little while. I don't want to go to the hospital and my symptoms come and go. I don't want to have a big circus getting to the hospital and no symptoms! No thanks! I figure God will make it obvious if and when I need to go.

In the meantime, less antidepressant! Like I told the doc, if I need it, I'll increase it. it will be obvious if I'm not getting enough - I'll get depressed! I just want to minimize icky side effects.

No comments: