Saturday, January 3, 2009

Take nothing for granted

I woke up today with a horrible migraine. A good thing about migraines - they help you put things in perspective. If I can move my head without agonizing throbs of pain, eat and savor my food, look at lights, enjoy fragrances, and listen to anything without pain, life is wonderful!

I also made a resolution to avoid vexations to my spirit. Something about the physical pain made me realize I was being an idiot to engage idiots. I'm very happy with my decision.

I suffered, as usual, for about 12 hours. I took one phenergan tablet (25 mg), 2 coated asprin, and 2 Alka-Seltzer total. Finally, the pain receded around 5 PM.

Life is wonderful when I don't have a migraine. It's even better, though, when I'm medicated, so I made sure to take both of today's lithium with my dinner. I'm very groggy, dizzy, and mellow feeling right now. I'm also very tired.

Today wasn't a total write off, I made good decisions about my life, spoiled my husband and cats, and took care of Heather. I had a great chat with Mom and Dad, planned my next craft project - embroidery, and even washed all my bedding.

I love my little titanium ring guard. I purchased it on Ebay. It's wonderful. I love how the CZ's sparkle, yet it isn't too flashy. I take it off to cook, and wear it the rest of the time. Titanium is an incredibly durable metal, so I don't have to worry about hurting it.

Now I just need to decide how to spend next week's internet budget. More iron-on transfers for my embroidery? Plain pillowcases so I can make Mom that cute embroidered parakeet pillow? Some Dr Bronners rose soap liquid? Bar? Both?

Since I'm properly medicated it's a fun dilemma, instead of something to plague me or compel me to try to buy it all. Like I told Mom tonight, I have the occasional nightmare where I can't find my medication. It's horrible.

My doctor has great faith in me as well. Come to think, I bet he'd love an embroidered pillow too.

Ron's wailing (humorously) that he's got a cat in his bed. Too bad I won't "rescue" him.

No comments: