Monday, February 11, 2008

Tribute candy

Wow. I had a busy weekend, but not exactly what I planned. Saturday, we went into work. Once I got home, I got my nap on. I hate having to nap when it's sunny and glorious, the garden is calling, but if I don't I'm liable to plant things wrong side up. I went out and planted some lettuce, herbs and marigolds. I had a lot of fun.

I sure love the hose Ron bought me. It works great.

Sunday, we'd planned to go to Walmart. Instead, I woke up with a crippling migraine. Not fun. I curled up in a ball with the trusty ice bag and the Phenergan suppository where it would do the most good. The Phenergan puts me to sleep and helps me get over the damned thing faster. Ron gallantly refilled my ice bag and went off to Starbucks with my blessing. He had fun, at least. Why make him suffer, too? He's already being quiet in the house so he doesn't "bother" me.

I curled up with the cat for nearly a whole day. This morning, I had planned on washing my hair before we went to work but someone forgot to set the alarm. When it finally did go off, we had 10 minutes to get ready and the van was already outside. Thank God for baseball caps. I felt like my hair was alive today, not a good sensation.

I took my Lithium but I forgot my antidepressant, Ron reminded me as soon as we got home and I took it. I have no desire to experience another bipolar depression! Ugh! Had enough of those, thanks.

We did a "Pull" and Ron said, Hey, why don't I pay you today. I said sure. I ran all the money before the deliverymen got there so we were all set. We got all our stuff and I stocked it. I just need some candy, which we're getting tomorrow. I loved how Vistar sent me a case of Nutrasweet packets with a cookie label on it, like I'd be dumb enough to take it. They also "substituted" some Planters product for the cracker I had really wanted. I didn't take either of them. At least when I buy something online it asks me if I'm OK with a substitution. Grrr. If they weren't the cheapest game in town we'd say goodbye.

Me, Ron, and the plastic box all went to the bank. I made the deposit and got paid. Then we went to Walmart! I was so happy to see my total only came to $40. Ron's bummed because it looks like they don't sell the frozen, already cooked egg patties anymore. He loves those things. I told him, worst case I'll cook some and freeze them for him.

I had a little problem with an order I got last week (internet stuff for me), but the customer service guy has been really cool, re-sending the thing I didn't get.

I finally ordered my Cream of the Crop squash seeds from Jung, I also got some "Gem Mix" marigold seed. I love marigolds.

Which brings me to my joy at Walmart when I saw they had Marigold transplants. I got one each of the yellow and orange, I love the "Safari" mix. Yay.

Some of my seedlings dried out a little yesterday but they still look OK. The stuff I planted outside is fine.

I like to think I help Ron to be independent. I taught him "The mobility" (how to get around) at our local fried chicken place. Ron loves fried chicken, me, not as much. He made a trip to go but I was pretty wiped out. I encouraged him to go by himself, as he knows his way around. He was a little reluctant at first, but when he came home he was already talking about his next solo trip. He loves being independent.

Here's a question: Can you do a tribute to someone if they're still alive, or are tributes only applicable when they're dead? I like to think "Still alive" applies.

See, every Valentine's day my Mom (who basically raised me) would make us each our own special bag of Valentines' candy. It was good stuff, our favorites, with a sweet card. It meant a lot to me.

So when I thought about my Milkman's brother's children, no mother, injured father, I just had to get permission to make them some candy bags. He said, sure.

When I told Mom, she was thrilled. Those kids are going to be flying for weeks!

No comments: