Monday, February 18, 2008

Yay

Ron tried to be a nice guy this morning and let me sleep in as late as possible. Turns out that was a bad idea, we ended up missing the donut delivery. The donut guy was early.

The other vendors paid for our donuts and then we paid them back as soon as we got in. Their main helper was "out sick" today but they didn't seem to find the story plausible. They had to pick up his part of the load.

Since Ron and I had come in on Sunday, we hardly had anything to do. All I really need to do this week is get some more candy bars, keep the other stuff up, and make an order for more stuff on Friday. I "was a big help" to Ron today, he said. That's always nice to hear. He really is my favorite boss because he gives clear directions, doesn't breathe down my neck, doesn't bring personal issues to work, and lets me know he appreciates my help. I'm glad I work for him.

One of the access doors to our area jammed and Ron helped fix it, and he told the maintenence guy what was wrong. Now they can fix it properly. Ron's got the best problem-solving mind I know, he can look at a broken thing and often get it working. I told him that. Not bad for a blind guy with one good hand.

We got everything finished and off to get some BBQ. We had a nice meal. When we got picked up to ride home, we got to be "sardines" all 3 of us wedged in the back of the cab. Not fun. The other client was pretty large so I ended up riding on my tailbone, hanging off the edge of the seat. Ron really is a gentleman for sitting in the middle, he must feel like he's about to suffocate. It wasn't a long trip and then we're home.

We live in a modest house in a "nice" neighborhood. Sometimes other people get very envious. I never know what to say other than "God has blessed us". It's a modest house. I'm not living in one of those two-story brick monsters, it's just 900 square feet. It's always weird when we get that, I think. Some people ask us if it's a "rent house" or is it a HUD-subsidized rental neighborhood. Uh, no.

I got my nap around 1 PM and woke up around 2:30. I decided to tackle my fence posts. I want to run netting across the back of my garden beds, each one's 4 feet wide. I hammered in a 5-foot high (after sinking one foot in the ground) post on either side of the beds, at the back. I had 8 posts. I'd done one a while back, but I got the other 7 today.

Yay!

No comments: