Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Induction

Well, I decided to view the dog out back as a postive thing. About 2 years ago, kids from the bad part of town raided our subdivision. They spray-painted truly foul words on the garage doors and spray painted a phrase on our driveway (not profane). Anyway, they got in through the back. They climbed the fence out back, dragging something over to the fence, to get in our yard. That's when I started locking my "cage door" as I call it, a swinging burglar bar door that covers my sliding glass door in the bedroom. I'm blessed they didn't have rape on their minds. With a pitbull on the other side of our back fence, no one's going to try that again ever. It's not a bad dog, it's just tiring. These same neighbors have begun drum practice every afternoon during my nap time. AAAAGH.

I got tired of being angry at myself for getting fat again. I "Inducted" on Atkins. No starch, no sugar. Just leafy green carbs (mainly), with a little summer squash, pumpkin, or other brightly colored veggies. I drank 3 quarts of water today to flush out all the toxins. I easily consume a gallon of liquid every day anyways so it isn't hard.

I'm allowing myself:
2 cans of diet soda (sweetened with Splenda) - Diet RC cola
Have to drink 2-3 quarts of water, before I can drink my Cherry Cola Diet Rites in the evening (no caffeine, and they have Splenda).

Ron said it beautifully last night "You're already growing all the things you can eat". He's right. Leafy cooked greens, deep green and red leaf lettuce, broccoli raab, etc. All low carb, all delicious and nutritious. Today I ate tuna and egg salad, some thin sliced pan seared pork (cooked in oil with a whisper of sage and pepper), and some veggies. I had a theory which worked. If I shred summer squash, I can saute it and eat it. It's delicious. It doesn't have that ghastly spongy texture that makes me gag. I need to buy some organic leaf lettuce mix and some oil and vinegar dressing (ideally organic as well). That's it.

I'm avoiding processed foods (except for the sodas) and eating all the fat and protein I desire. I've already noticed improvements. I wasn't as foggy in my thinking and I could bend over and stand up suddenly without the awful drop in blood pressure. Awesome.

It's going to get cold tonight so I covered up my tomato

I just ran out of the house, yelling "Oh, my GOD!". I had forgotten to bring in my small potted tomato plants. See, it's going to get cold tonight, mid 30's. I covered up each big plant in the ground with a large, heavy-duty "contractor" 55 gallon trash bag. Then I placed a blanket over that and secured the whole works with various clothespins. Just now, I brought in my small potted tomato plants (I'd already brought in the marigold six-pack I bought today).

We're going to a strip center tomorrow that has a dollar store. I'm hoping to get more popsicle sticks and maybe some "T" style plant labels.

So far the induction has gone really well for me. I guess tomorrow is going to be the big test. We have to work but not very long, then a quick errand and we run home.

I need to lose about a foot off my waist. I measured. YUCK. My goal weight is around 145.

No comments: