Thursday, February 28, 2008

I knew it would be better

I just had to delete some spam from my comments. Yeah, like I'm dumb enough to post spam here.

It had to be a better day. I didn't make myself enough food, so I went around STARVING all day (that's where I cheated and ate the soynuts). I finally got home after work, and running errands with Ron and fixed myself a lovely bowl of microwaved broccoli with loads of butter (1/2 cup broccoli, 2 T butter).

Ron was kind enough to fix the last of the bacon for me. True love indeed. He's spent $70 on supplies for my compost bin? I told him, I can get one online but no. He wants to make me one, so I'll "Let" him. He's a good husband. I'll just make sure I get the best wood sealer I can to make sure his treasure lasts a long time.

We had frosts the last 2 nights. My tomato covers worked well, no damage. My marigolds, well some of them are dead, some of them are looking like they wished they were. In my experience, marigolds are very tough, and to be horrible, I do have another 6-pack of marigolds. I can just pop new ones in and compost the old. I did lose one lettuce transplant (but I have an understudy), but the nasturtiums all did fine. You'd never guess we had a frost to look at them. My root crops and chard look absoutely fine. I covered my lettuce bed with a sheet and everyone under it is fine. Yay. The worst problem I had (I didn't go out yesterday 'cause of the migraine) was a little dried out soil in a few beds and a cat kicked mulch over the "bean field".

When I went out early this morning to take my covers off the plants, the dog out back went nuts barking. I heard an owner go out and scold him. I just went about my business. Ron had the tape recorder going.

Today the dog has been exceptionally quiet AND bam-bam only just got home to practice on the drums. I just need to wash all my dishes, fix some tuna salad for dinner, and make some food to take out tomorrow.

I don't want to get caught out hungry again.

No comments: