Tuesday, January 29, 2008

On our way to work, we rode with a woman who's a teacher. She doesn't have a very high opinion of children today. I think it's really sad. I'd rather believe the best and be disappointed on occasion than to give a child a bad reputation to live up to.

I was pretty toxic and miserable today. Queasy, weak, shaky, ugh. I had to take 5 ginger root capsules in about an hour. That's not good. I have to go back to 3 Lithium a day, obviously.

I perked up by the time the milk arrived. He's going to be off next week so we need to plan for a long stay at work so we can get the milk. I'm glad I know now.

By the time I got back to our area, it was really late. I had to do the pull and run the money so I could get paid and we could make our deposit. We'd already filled out our form 944 (federal employment taxes). I had about 5 minutes to do a half-hour job.

I left it in God's hands, "Hey, Lord, could you make it happen so I can do this and we get a good ride to the bank? Thanks!" Chuck called. He was in the area and he'd be happy to give us a ride to the bank when I finished. The bank has closed their formerly public restroom and it wasn't much fun waiting. It's the only place we go on a regular basis that doesn't have a public bathroom. Anyway, I got paid, paid back my advance, and then we went to Walmart (after about an hour waiting).

I was pretty shaky so I assumed (correctly) I just had to eat. I was right. I got my shopping done and we came home. I got my order from Shumways! Once I put up the ice cream - naptime! Bubba the cat was stretched out in my bed so I had a wonderful nap. I was awakened by a full bladder and annoying min-pin barking. Ugh.

Ron wanted to complain but I told him our cats roam around outside and I'm sure some people find it as annoying as we find the barking. If we didn't have cats, I'd complain. Not that it would do any good.

Besides, the barking can be a lifesaver. Years ago Ron had a Metrolift trip to work and home. He went by himself. He came home right around the time the school buses drive live maniacs down the main street in our subdivision. I had "Done mobility" with him and showed him how to get around the neighborhood if he ever wanted to take a walk. The driver dropped him off at our address "1234", but on the wrong street.

So here's a blind guy, 6 AM, cab has left. Wrong street, wrong house, where the heck am I? Then he heard it. Yap, yap, yap. The next-door neighbor's (on the other side actually) min-pin. Once Ron heard that, he knew where he was, one block over from our street, and he was literally able to "Follow the barking" to get home safely.

So, it's not all bad. But it is annoying. Here's to hoping the dog bites one of them, or messes on the rug.

Anyway, I woke up, started bagging up driver candy. Ron and I decided to do an early trip to work tomorrow, meaning "Get up at 3 AM". Not fun! We'll be done early and then, later on, we'll be going to the Home Depot. I need a bag of sand to fill in that pear-tree stump-hole.

I made some soybeans using this recipe and Ron loved the flavor but not the soybeans. So I'll be making it with pintos tomorrow.

Chili Beans
1 cup beans, soaked in water overnight
7-ounce can San Marcos Chipolte Sauce (I get it at Walmart)
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 t chili powder
1/2 t cumin

Simmer the beans in water to cover until almost tender. When they're almost done, add the sauce and spices. Cook until almost "dry". Serve to great acclaim. This is REALLY hot.

I'll let you know how he likes it with the pintos.

No comments: