Friday, January 25, 2008

IT'S ALIVE!

After hours of frustration and exasperation, raised voices, and snippy attitudes, we finally got up our DSL. Thank you, Jesus. Oh, I am so glad it's over. So, so glad.

Yesterday I had a shitty day. A good, shitty, day. Chuck was able to take me to the Home Depot and got the mulch, manure, and fence posts I needed. Well, Home Depot doesn't have manure by itself (???) but Walmart does, and Chuck was happy to take me and wait in the truck. I got at least 16 cubic feet of mulch (eight bags!), four bags of manure, and a total of eight (six foot) fence posts. Once I pound the posts into the ground, they'll be five feet tall. I have two of them on the back of garden bed 1. They are great and I love them. But six-foot posts on Metrolift? Uh, uh.

I figure five feet of vertical is better than no feet of vertical, which is what I've got now. Ideally, I'd love six feet of vertical but hey, life is compromise. Five feet is better than no feet.

I'll get some of the plastic netting from Walmart and string that on the backs. Pole beans, winter squash, and cucumbers can clamber up the netting. I'm so glad I already got the purple pole beans. I've got some Kentucky Wonder (which was actually introduced as "Texas Pole") beans as well.

It's nice right now. After we eat our celebration pizza, I'm going to run out and do a little weeding and post-pounding, maybe dig away at my pear stump. It's been so wet and cold that I want to get out when I can. Besides, I'd like to burn off a little aggravation steam.

Horrible thought: doing the installation without my medication!

No comments: