Saturday, January 19, 2008

I am so frustrated with this stupid, high-speed-going-to-make-your-internet better circus. First they were going to turn in on Jan 9, so I busted my butt working on the install. The "DSL" light kept flashing red, I got very frustrated, and I gave up. They said "Oh, it'll be on Wednesday." Ron told me to do the install Wednesday. I told him, no way, call the company first. "Oh, sorry, it's not on yet, it'll go on Saturday".


Saturday arrives. I'm here. I'm tired so I take a nap. I wake up from the nap, bring in the tomato and onions (they were getting shaded and it's going to be cold tonight), check the mail. My seeds from Southern Exposure are here! Mineral, Virginia. I got my Jericho lettuce, Jimmy Nardello Pepper (going to wait to start that rascal), and Tomatoes (Stupice and Peron Sprayless). I'm starting the Stupice tonight, and I'll plant it out in bed 2 with the Celebrity. I'll have 2 nice, early, and one guaranteed flavorful determinate tomatoes that don't mind a little chill.


No peppers for a while though. I have a pretty good amount of mesclun, romaine lettuce, Mizuna greens, a chard, and 9 collards (if it's not up, it's sprouting at this moment). I'll plant the others out when the early stuff bolts and have a nice Romaine lettuce mix. I have a red and green (Rosalita), plan to get "Outredgeous" - red of course, the Jericho (heat-tolerant), and the old-school Parris Island Cos.


I'd love to have a "cooked green" area with some Seven Top turnips, the collards, and something else that is leafy, green, cookable and doesn't mind the heat (Mizuna?). Ron wants me to "try" something with the DSL again. I'll do it.

It didn't work. I love my dialup.

No comments: