Monday, January 7, 2008

The cow bites back

Lactose intolerance can trigger migraines, a fact I've learned just this last month. No milk products at all. I thought I was "OK" with yogurt, when we went to Whole Foods I got 2 quart tubs of delicious cream-top plain yogurt. I ate about 3 servings on Saturday.

Sunday, I had a killer migraine. The only "new" food was the yogurt; not to mention the instant milk migraine I had about a month ago. We've also got a big drop in barometric pressure and it's about a week until my period, all conspire to create a pretty miserable migraine.

I don't really get scared when I get a migraine. The only thing that scares me is the fact that I can't take my Lithium due to the nausea and vomiting. As migraines go, this last one was a solid 6.5 to 7 on a 1-10 (10 worst) migraine scale. I doubt anything will beat the migraine I had with neck pain and a sinus infection about 10 years ago. I had to get a spinal tap on that one.

I don't like to whine. I was somewhat functional today (I had a good nap when I got home), able to go to work and receive 3 deliveries. That's about all I could do but Ron wasn't stuck. Someone I met today mentioned a bad headache and I was happy to share my Tylenol.

Boy, my drivers sure love their candy. It really warms my heart to see their eager reactions. I will never stop giving them away.

Ron signed me up for high speed internet. It'll cost him less money, so I said yes. I hate change when it comes to my computer, but I don't want to be like that boss I had back in 200o, using a program from 1994. Ugh. It was incredibly inefficient and obsolete.

My soynuts ought to be here Wednesday (thank God they aren't a trigger!). I'm really excited to get them. I'm fairly limited in my snacking these days.

It looks like all dairy will be out now. No cheesecake or pizza either, probably. Waaaah!

No comments: