Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'll let God drive

Yesterday we forgot to mail the form 944, Federal employment taxes. We HAD to go in today, and since we had forgotten (what do we have, brain damage :-P ) to do the "meter readings" we did them too.

I had seriously considered "making" side effects happen when I took my morning dose. I was going to be dropping off my application at Metrolift, wasn't I? Wouldn't it be better if I looked the way I feel most of the time? I decided I have 2 choices, either act like God's in charge, leaving it all in his hands, or refuse to believe that God will make ANYTHING happen that He wants. In trying to "make it work" for myself, I could mess up God's plan. My life is a car and I'm letting God drive it.

So I took my usual dose, one Lithium, 1/2 Lexapro. On the way to work things became very soft and misty. I had major side effects - the "Pillow effect" where I'm slow, mentally and physically, very amicable, and just kind of stare at things blankly. When I'm like this, I've noticed other people tend to be very solicitous and helpful - so I must look like I feel. I have a photo of myself with Bubbacat and I just look vapid.

I'm sure I looked vapid today. I sure felt it. I got everything done that needed to happen and Chuck showed up.

Ron decided he wanted to stay at work while we went to Metrolift to drop off my paperwork. However, Metrolift has MOVED. Chuck had to drive downtown and drop me off. I found the Metrolift arrow, pointing at a busy room.

I went in the room. The "Metrolift customer service window" was closed. They wouldn't reopen for an hour. "OK, Lord, if you want this to happen it'll happen. I'm asking for Your will."

"Excuse me," a nice elderly gentleman pointed out "if you need Metrolift I think you can go over there" he pointed. I thanked him profusely. I went "over there" and sure enough, found a very kind Metrolift employee who was happy to take my paperwork.

Mission accomplished! We picked up Ron at work and went to get barbeque. Ron is in love. He's moaning in the kitchen right now as he eats. He actually interrupted this post several times to have me 1) get Frosty and see if the cat liked bbq. He doesn't. 2) bus rib bones to bubbacat. and 3) bus scraps to bubbacat.

Chuck took Ron to Starbucks and I came home and took a nap. We have tomorrow off so I'll just go to Walmart in the morning, garden in the afternoon. I need to start my NZ spinach and the broccoli raab.

No comments: