Thursday, August 13, 2015

Engineer's daughter

I slept OK, but woke up exhausted, fresh from a nightmare.  In the nightmare, I'd missed our ride and was trying to catch up. 

As I lay in bed, my heart pounding, I saw lighting flash off to the east.  A storm cell came through, but nowhere near us.  I checked the time (4 AM), and my alarm, and realized it was a good thing I'd had the nightmare. 

Our pickup was due at 6 AM.  I need about 2 hours to get ready (shower, God Time).  I'd set my alarm for 6.  I had to take a shower, my hair was all sweaty from yesterday. 

Needless to say, I got up.  I did my God Time and took my shower.  I had just enough time to dress before our ride arrived, and honked. 

I do feel a little bad when they do that, we never ask them to honk, and a lot of the clients aren't attentive.  They don't look out for their ride, they expect the ride to alert them. 

I don't like disturbing my neighbors, either, but nearly everyone around me gets up very early anyway.  I also think it helps remind #6 we have a very early day.  I'm not going to talk about other people's schedules, and I'll leave it at that. 

We headed to work, and arrived an hour early.  We worked nearly every second, stocking.  I also rearranged the stockroom so the other vendors could put our water on the racks.   We did an inventory, and realized we need Truck Day, and a Dr Pepper delivery. 

Ron made the arrangements. 

I stocked everything, helped Ron, and fixed the food machine (it had a bent quarter stuck in the coin mech).  I'm pretty good at disassembling, troubleshooting, and reassembling the units. 

I am an engineer's daughter. 

I think Ron was surprised I helped him today, but 1.  It's my job and 2.  I'm not hateful. 

He told me later he won't be drinking, anything, for a while, "Until my leg gets better".  The neuropathy must be pretty bad.  "Walking is more important" he continued "Than drinking". 

Good.  I hope it sticks.  He said all this on his own, I didn't bring it up.  I did share I found it very funny when he freaked out over the toy mouse. 

Finally done with work.  We had a good ride home with a nice driver.  A long ride (it is basically a carpool), but a very nice man. 

When we got home, I ate a snack, took my pills (still having anxiety and depression issues) and took a short nap.  I woke up to Torbie walking on me, purring, putting her paws on my face, and demanding attention. 

I made sure to satisfy her, lots of petting and sweet talk.  She is a very sweet girl.  I'm glad she picked me.  I think she understands, when I'm having Hard Times, I may not go to her for comfort, so she comes to me and demands it.  Petting her (and she has an endless appetite) makes us both feel better. 

She left about the time I had to get up. 

Ron and I went out to dinner, I got pancakes.  My stomach didn't like the snack + lithium and friends. 

Ron waited and ate at home.  We had a good ride each way, and some good quality time.  I need that.  I don't want a fancy dinner, but I do want his undivided attention. 

I feel kind of woozy, so I may go to bed early.  I do have tomorrow off. 

No comments: