Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm a tract-er

Last week I decided to get some New Testament Bibles and hand them out to people. I feel God's leading me to do this. What's the worst that could happen? People already know I'm different, I'm very open about my disability and mental illness. I'm obviously happily married to a very disabled man 20 years older than me. What's a "Bible Lady" stamp on top of that?

So, I got some very nice ESV New Testaments. 80 cents each. I also got some "Footprints" postcards to use as bookmarks in the Bibles. So, they get the Footprints card inside an entire New Testament. The Bibles have a nice little area "What to read when you're feeling:___" section and a salvation plan. Good. All bases covered.

I bought them, they were shipped, and got here days early. I think God may have had something to do with that [wink]. I've already given over half of them away (I ordered 35 total).

Mom and Dad encouraged me to sign up for a free service that will give me Bibles, so I did... but in the meantime I plan to take advantage of a certain free shipping offer. It's amazing how many people I meet in the course of a day, and how many of them are absolutely DELIGHTED to get a Bible. Even Ron was impressed.

Latinos love the fact that I purchased Spanish Bibles (and Footprints cards) for them. I've only had 2 refusals out of about 20 or so Bibles handed out. Surprisingly to me, everyone takes them with a smile.

Next plan is buying entire NKJV Bibles and putting some wonderful "Read through your Bible in a year" tracts inside. :) That'll make a nice gift.

No comments: