Thursday, May 21, 2009

Some would think I'm mean.

Some people are going to read this and be angry.

I recently turned in a neighbor to animal control. His son brought home a dog, and the homeowner made it clear in my hearing that he didn't want to "Spend any money" on the dog. They would dump food on the ground, no bowl. The dog was very cute, and very loving.

I'd throw him a fake milk-bone now and then, but I noticed the dog was getting thinner and thinner. When you can see BACKBONES, that's a bad sign. The dog (a pit bull) became more aggressive, barking constantly (due to hunger and neglect).

My husband called in a "Welfare Check" for the dog, and it's gone now. I'm glad. The dog deserves to be treated well, and if they can't man up to take care of the dog then they need to give it up. It's torture.

Another Metrolift passenger lives nearby. She is a dog person and has made that clear, they live in the house, sleep on the couch.

I saw a thin black cat in her yard. I asked if it was her cat "No I just feed it sometimes". Someone moved out and left the cat to starve, just like my Bubba (the black cat in my photos).

I asked if it was fixed. "No we didn't fix her" I told her about a low-cost spay and neuter program. "I don't want to go to the trouble". Why don't you call animal control and have them pick her up? "Oh, I couldn't do that!"

Oh, you're too good to send a cat to the pound, but you won't accept responsibility for it. You'll give her just enough food to keep her alive, but so little her fur is falling out (I know what a malnourished cat looks like after adopting Frosty). They're probably giving her dog food. You don't care for her but you're too chicken to call someone else to care for her.

Yeah, that's a great life for a cat. If I thought she and Bubba would get along, I'd take her in a heartbeat. I love black cats, but I promised Bubba he'd get to choose any new friends.

So, who's the bad person? I think the other lady is, but I'm sure some would say I am for "turning those people in". Notice they GLADLY gave up the dog, and he has a chance at a new life now.

No comments: