Monday, May 18, 2009

Thank you, Pharmacy Techs!

I was watching an episode of Intervention. The addict was a young man with bipolar disorder. He refused to take medication.

Watching it, I remembered I needed a refill on my medication. I called my Walmart.

Now, I'm spoiled. I call, and the tech recognizes my voice. I remind her of my birthday and she asks me what I want refilled. I tell her and she does it. The next day, I pick it up.

This tech told me I didn't have refills on some of my meds (??? One of them has like 40 refills), and seemed very confused. It made me realize how fortunate I am to have "my" people in the pharmacy.

When I see them tomorrow, I'll have a bag of Snickers in hand, because I love them. Without these wonderful folk, I'd be in BIG TROUBLE. I'd be dead, or living under an overpass.

If you work in a pharmacy, thank you. Y'all are saving lives, one pill at a time.

2 comments:

shyone said...

awwww Heather what a remarkable person you are!!!!

I think of you often at work and at home

you are so good at expressing things and your insight as I said before is remarkable!

when is your trip are you getting excited?

did you get a room with a window?

have a wonderful time

Heather Knits said...

We leave early June 1 (Monday), and get back very late on Friday.

My sister haggled the cruise line into upgrading our room to one with a window, so that'll be great. I was a little worried about no-window... sounded like a tomb! LOL

We've got all the dry cleaning done, got my shoes, Ron needs to try on his shoes, we need to get some low carb snack foods for the trips, and then all ready!

I will try to use the computer room to post and update pictures.