Friday, May 29, 2009

Matthew 6:20

Matthew Chapter 6:19 “Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. 21 Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.
It's a good thing I do store up my treasures in Heaven! A neighbor just came to tell me she got burgled; and some other houses in the area have also been robbed as well. Eeek.
We'll be out of town next week, and that's prime time for a theft. Ron ordered something off the internet and it may arrive while we're gone. Someone might break in... might.
But then, Who do I trust? Really, do I have anything a criminal would value? No. Well, maybe that expired bottle of pain pills in the disaster kit but that's it.
My computer runs Windows 2000, which is a good indicator of its' age as well. Ron's computer might fetch $40, and my television is a joke. I have one DVD - disc, I don't have a player.
Worst case, I ought to pick up just so the police wouldn't be freaked out by all my junk, but I'm not worried about "my stuff". All the good stuff is in Heaven and I plan to bring all my giveaway Bibles, the ones I haven't given away yet, on the trip. They wouldn't want my Grandmother's battered old Bible, or the one I got when I was 8 years old. Interesting the "things" I value most are my Bibles!
I'm glad I do store my treasures in heaven.

No comments: