Monday, May 25, 2009

Afflicted

I think everyone probably has a relative or knows someone; the one who's always griping about various medical conditions, never has a positive word to say about anything. My adopted Mom had an aunt like that... and a visit to Aunt Gloom was always a grim recitation of ailments and a list of various medical procedures to accompany same. All she ever did was complain, it seemed.

I try to take great care not to do that, but I've been feeling very afflicted recently. "I have tested thee in the furnace of affliction - Isaiah 48:10 " God is speaking.

Well, He's testing me. First it was a couple week long mixed episode, broken up by a toxic episode. Now I'm just incredibly fatigued and wonder why God needs me this way.

Is it the heat? Am I that sensitive to heat these days? Will I have to hide in the air conditioning until October? No more days out?

Part of it is just low blood pressure due to medication... and I have to watch my blood sugars too. But even when I'm resting at home in the air conditioning I still feel foggy and impaired. Afflicted.

I don't let it stop me, though. I still went to Foodtown today and handed out a couple of Bibles. Take that.

I just hope I'm more clear before our vacation, otherwise people are going to get a good eyeful of the accomodations Heather makes towards managing her illness.

4 comments:

shyone said...

I just wanted to wish you a safe and wonderful trip Heather! Enjoy every moment!

Your fans will all miss your words .. until you return with lots of great stories to tell of your adventures!

enjoy all the low carb goodies on the ship....they have lots!!!

hugs and bon voyage

Heather Knits said...

You won't be safe!

Internet Cafe. I have a $50 ship credit and how better to use it?

I will AT LEAST post pictures to a June Album I'll create before leaving, so you can get at least a picture a day.

shyone said...

that is awesome I will look forward to it!

I am hitting the thrift stores as well tomorrow so good luck ...ours have plants so I am hoping to find some nice ones for the garden! (I am also an avid gardener!)

Heather Knits said...

I'm envious!

I'll tell you what I got! ((hugs)))