Sunday, May 24, 2009

No one comes between me and God

This one's a little tricky. Yesterday I had a migraine so please forgive any mistakes.

Ron's got an annoying habit of late; and I figured out he's playing games. I'll hand out a Bible to someone, he talks about how, according to his interpretation of Revelation 21, God is coming back for us in a giant spaceship. You can imagine how that goes over with the average person.

I tried to talk to him about it, he got an attitude with me. I've decided, I will say, "Well, that's his interpretation, but you read it (the Bible) for yourself and you can draw your own conclusion." Ron can't object to that - he's always said he prides himself on being logical.

If he does damage "My Witness" than that's on him, not me. God will rebuke him, I don't need to do anything except keep handing out those Bibles! I had the thought, a few moments, ago, that perhaps people will be more drawn to read the Bibles I hand out. "If it helps her put up with him, then I've gotta read it!" God can work things like that if He wants to.

The other thing he's been doing lately, trying to shove his interpretation of End Times Doctrine down my parent's throats, every time I call them. Instead of refusing outright to "share" his "insights"; I'll suggest before I call them, that if Ron would like to speak with them he can call them directly. He can tell them everything he wants... see the payoff is in getting me annoyed and objecting to it.

If he does get "wierd" on our trip, I won't react, I'll just say "That's your interpretation" and refuse to react. I don't know the game, but it seems to be: Ron says something out of line. I object, he responds "Well GOD is the bastard!" Or, when I object, "You're getting that tone again! You're too upset, I won't talk to you." The payoff for him is when I get upset. So, I won't.

It's really aggravating that I even have to do this. Mom was saying "Oh, you have such a good marriage" and I really, really wanted to say something. If he's such a good husband.. but Ron will answer for everything he's done. God will bring it all out. My job is pleasing God, not Ron.

If I'm focused on pleasing Ron, then he's my Idol. I'm putting him before God. No one comes between me and God. God is #1. Pleasing God is #1. Generally speaking, if I am living a good biblical life I will also please others, but even if he gets upset at me, or just acts like a butt, I know I've done my best.

I just get tired of head games. Aren't we too old for this?

No comments: