Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I can't believe I ate the whole thing!

Well, I didn't "eat" it. I spent it.

I had a chat with Ron. I want to buy this thing, help me figure out what I really want to do. Will I use it? Can I afford it? How long have I wanted it? Months, huh? Why do I think I shouldn't buy it? Because it's not cheap.

Do I have the money? Here, here's some money to help out (I didn't ask, he offered me about 2 hours' pay), and when it was all said and done I ordered a set of cotton hand cards, a learn to spin cotton kit, a half pound of tussah silk noils (they will be carded with wool or another fiber to make yummy blended yarns), and a half pound of wool/cotton blend that was on sale.

I still had enough left to buy Ron's Baconwave from another online store (he paid me cash, I used my debit card). I'm still blinking in shock. The package arrives Monday. I can finally card and spin my yak and camel!

I need to get some merino for blending but that's not a hardship (I went to Walmart today and deposited a little more into my account). I just don't spend that kind of money on myself these days. It's nice that I had it and I could indulge a desire I've had for months.

I hang out on a knitting message board and I read about people buying expensive spinning wheels (2 weeks' pay for me), exotic fibers, and expensive yarns. These days, I just don't do it unless I really think it over. I don't feel guilty.

I wasn't "sick" when I made the purchase. I'm taking my medication and my symptoms are well controlled. But I still can't believe I ate the whole thing!

No comments: