Monday, October 15, 2007

I cycled again.

The last couple weeks I was depresed. Today I noticed I'm getting a little manic.

Just for fun, some of the things I've been "into" and the rationale:
1. Wool blanket from a Military surplus store. I have at least a dozen blankets. But I don't have a full sized wool one, do I? I have a nice wool throw, and plenty of other blankets. Besides, I'm almost done with Happy the afghan.

2. Wool cards. For carding loose fiber. I have about 10 pounds of all-ready-to-go wool top that just needs spinning. But it isn't loose fiber. I could make blends. My own, custom blends. The cards cost at least $50, and I have pounds of ready-to-go fiber.

3. Loose clean scoured wool to card on the hand cards. The yak and camel fiber will only go so far. Just think, I could blend merino and yak, or camel and merino... Oh, the options... The options of all the ready to go fiber sitting in my living room. The wool cards aren't going anywhere and neither is the clean-scoured-loose-wool. If I'm still itching for it, I can buy an ounce or two from Paradise. If I'm dying for all of this in a couple months, I can save and get it then.

4. Another spinning or Knitting book. Well, I found one at Barnes and Noble. I don't feel ripped off, but it's not precisely what I wanted. Anyway, it's a decent book that answers a lot of questions. I'll do a review soon. I'd been wanting it for ages, so I felt fine paying $20 for it.

5. Tonight, it was another spindle. I have 3. One is 3 ounces, I use it for plying the yarn I spin (I make two strings and then I use this to twist them together). One is 1.6 ounces. It's my "everyday" spindle. Then I have my .5 ounce laceweight spindle. I need a 1-ouncer! How can I allow such a terrible deficit in my spindles! This is an outrage... I need it to balance out my collection and.... and I haven't picked up any spindle in the last couple weeks. I didn't die. I have 3 good spindles I enjoy using. They aren't going anywhere, and if I wait a couple months, someone may introduce a new, awesome spindle that isn't available now. I can wait.

I managed to talk myself out of the other manic obsessions. This, on a 1-10, is only at a 2 or 2.5. Not bad. Not bad at all. I'm going to have a few symptoms now and then, the trick is keeping them mild and liveable. Which they are.

It's so nice. I have no interest in all in building that fallout shelter anymore. You may laugh, but I was dead serious. My big concern was how to deal with the looters. They would come to me, how would I answer them? I used to obsess on it and other morbid subjects, I couldn't get them out of my brain.

Bipolar is a lot like a brain-jacking. The symptoms "jack" your brain and take it for this awful ride through terrible neighborhoods. They wreck your life, your relationships, and your finances, leaving you scared and bleeding to death by the side of the road.

I'll take my pills, and thank God all I have is a vague desire to buy wool cards.

No comments: