Thursday, October 18, 2007

A great day, except for the nightmare

I had an odd and very disturbing dream today during my nap. I was so happy to wake up! I've always had wierd, very detailed dreams. I think it's just a feature of my brain damage-disability.

We had a wonderful day. We woke up and went to Sam's club to buy some product for the machines. The pickup got messed up and we wouldn't have had enough time at work, so we cancelled it, brought the product home, and kept our date with Chuck.

Chuck's the guy we'd call in the middle of the night with a crisis. He's the guy who'd show up if we did. I can't think of a higher compliment. He's a truly good guy.

First stop was Play it Again Sports. Ron's been wanting a used recumbent bike. We walked in and the first one we saw was the one we ended up buying. It's perfect for us. It has 11 various programs (for me) and truly painless and easy programming (for Ron). We both had a good "ride" tonight after the nice deliverymen brought it. The $20 delivery charge was money well spent, in my opinion. We have tile floors - they can break. We have people with bad backs (Ron and Chuck) and a woman with blood pressure and dizziness issues. To reiterate, money well spent. The bike also cost $100 less than Ron had budgeted.

Which meant we had enough money to buy a nice ceiling fan! I selected a nice contemporary model, black and stainless (although the blades can be reversed to rosewood). It's very nice, classy, and fresh. Not wierd or cheap. Not cookie cutter fakewood. I like it. Rick the electrician (he fixed our microwave circuit with the loose neutral wire) will be installing it Monday.

I told Ron I'm a little nervous it might not "go" with the rest of the decor, but he said forget it. It's our house.

Lastly, we went and ate delicious barbeque at Pappas. I had a smoked turkey and beef po-boy. Tasty. Thankfully, all the desserts are migraine-triggers, they had nuts or Red #40 topping. Easy to resist!

Then I came home, took a nap, and had the nightmare. After I woke up I had some fun.

I bought 2 pounds of loose merino and some indigo dye crystals. Fun fun fun.

No comments: