Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Cat nightmares

Last night, Bubba slept in my bed. He's so big and regal. My first baby, I still can't believe someone left him to starve after they moved. How stupid! He's precious to me. Anyway, he slept in my bed last night.

When Frosty sleeps with me, he likes to sleep by my feet, preferably to my right. When Bubba sleeps with me, he likes to sleep by my left hip. He climbed in, we did the usual fussing and petting and purring (you can figure out who did what). Lights out, went to sleep.

In the middle of the night, Bubba woke me up. He was having a nightmare. His legs were twitching and he was howling miserably, I reached over, found a furry body, and began petting it while speaking soothingly. It's OK. I won't let them get you. It's OK. He settled down and we went back to sleep.

When I woke up, Bubba had moved on but Frosty was in his usual spot. I wonder if they have shifts? I haven't had any nightmares for the last couple nights. Yay.

Now I feel awful. Maybe Bubba caught my nightmare, or the vengeful spirit of the dead rat came back to haunt him. Ugh. Thank God the smell is gone.

When we came home from work, though, we did have a definite litterbox aroma. The cats used the litterbox as a urinal during the wet weather. I changed it out and stuck in a plug-in. Ron and I've agreed that we don't want to "mess up" the new garbage cans just yet, so we didn't put anything into them yet. We're putting out the old can this week, with a "Please discard" note.

I was a little manic today, nothing too bad. Just a little goofy and chatty, very manageable. Once my first dose of lithium kicked in I was pretty much normal again.

Our milkman was late and having an absolutely terrible day. I was glad it was me, cold soda and M&M's in hand. When he opened the back door, a tidal wave of milk flowed out the back of the truck. Apparently, he had a rupture. Eeek. He's really good and sweet and a nice guy. I ran off and fixed the milk codes for Ron - I make them all face forward in the milk crate so he can display the codes in the vending machine. People want to know the sell-by date. We even had enough time for me to mix up the "juice drinks - contain 0% juice" for him. They love the drinks.

Metrolift was even late enough for Ron to finish most of his tasks. The weather was mild enough that I didn't mind waiting outside, either.

We came home, did some chores, and took a nap. Then I woke up and posted.

I hope you're having a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My cat and I have been having simultaneous nightmares for the past week. He will wake me up with his agonized sleep howling, twitching, and I awake from a nightmare of my own. I don't usually have nightmares. I think we are having the same dream. I know that's a giant leap to make, and no, I'm not dreaming of giant mice.