Friday, October 26, 2007

Junk food business

I had posted since my last one, but Blogger "Acked" on it. I'm going to try to dig it out of my archives in a bit.

Anyway, BUSY BUSY BUSY at work for me. Monday, up at 3 AM. Receive the VSA order (technically they're Vistar but when you've called them VSA for years it's tough to break the habit), check. All my snacks had good codes and were exactly what I'd ordered (that's where I earn my $700 a month). Ron even got his runts. Long story, the frozen lemon pound cake "singles" were delicious, he felt (I saw yellow #5 on the label and said Hell no, I won't eat it). It had a couple of "runts" in the package, dramatically smaller servings. So we started calling the whole thing "Runts". So, it isn't a candy, it's an iced lemon pound cake. Delicious, he claims.

Got them, then I got the sandwiches. They delivery guy is getting weird. A couple weeks ago he made a crack about how Ron could have had me arrested last year. I'm like, for what? He said, you know, when you were planning on killing us all. (?????!!!!!) No, I told him, the only life in danger was my own. WIE-RD!

I told Ron, if anyone's going to go nuts and shoot up the place, it's him. Not me. He agreed and he was also offended. That made me feel a lot better. I've never been homicidal, except during that last month, and even then I didn't do any damage.

Odd. So, sandwiches went to Ron. I stocked. And stocked. We were there for 7 hours and I did everything I could possibly accomplish. Yay!

Yesterday, we had run out of candy, again. Thank God for trainees! God bless them all. We went to "The Warehouse" (Sam's Club) with a recycled Reese's box and bought $180 worth of candy. Straight to work, where I stocked it all. The machines look really good now, I'm delighted with them.

Today I told Ron I need more time to work on snacks. Sometimes I'm so busy helping Ron with his job, and receiving deliveries, that I don't get enough time to fill my babies. They're all behaving beautifully, especially Snack 4. Ron fixed the door last month, so it won't jam and block the customer from getting their product. God knows that would make me furious. Our goal is a satisfied, happy, customer walking out of the cafeteria. Not an irate one swearing they'll never use our machines again. It's getting good business too.

I'm happy. The machines look good, we have a good stash of merchandise in the stock room, business is good, the customers are happy, work is great.

I really love my job. Even at 3 AM on a Monday when I've got 3 deliveries coming in and Metrolift is late.

No comments: