Friday, October 26, 2007

I sent a fan mail

I sent a fan mail to RH Lindsay. I thought you might get a kick out of it.

"
Dear RH Lindsay,
I just had to send you a note to tell me how much I love your company. I started with a very small order a few months ago. I think I got the Domestic 56 blend and some brown/black Romney-Perendale sliver. It was far better than I expected, the shipping was fast, and your prices are so reasonable!

When I was ready to branch out and try something exotic, there you were with the camel top, which I love too. It's so much fun to try something new at a very reasonable price. I read an article recently about spinning with camel top and a lot of it was devoted to pulling out the guard hairs and making sure it didn't have "scurf" (nasty skin flakes). I never had that problem with YOUR camel!

I kept ordering. Everything kept being wonderful. I told people about you on the Knitty message board, in the spinning forum, and on my blog. You guys are too good to keep secret.

Last week I ordered your scoured light gray merino wool (and some more domestic top). I hoped it would be good, but I just got some hand cards and I figured it I didn't like it I could dye it.

When I opened the box Wednesday, I felt like I won the fiber lottery! It is PERFECT. It is absolutely 1000% what I wanted and then some. The photo doesn't do it justice but that's fine by me. I'll be ordering more when I get paid.

I love your descriptions and "specs" most of all. It is virtually impossible to find a website that will tell you the micron counts of the fibers you're viewing! You constantly exceed my expectations.

Thank you! You'll be getting my next order soon!

Happily,
Heather B.
Houston, TX"

No comments: