Sunday, October 21, 2007

Talking gadgets

We've only had one problem with the new (to us) exercise bike. "Heather, what's my heart rate?" "What is it now?" I love the man, but not that much!



Lo and behold my Speak to Me Catalog arrived. Here's a link: http://www.speaktomecatalog.com/ They have a talking heart rate monitor for about $50. Money well spent. Ron really enjoys working out a few times a day (moderate workouts). For a guy with balance issues, blind, and hemiparetic (weakness on one side due to the stroke), it's perfect. He's already lost 2 pounds.



We've got a cold front coming in, and I was dreading the day. I had to buy jeans. However, the experience was pretty painless. The smaller size fit great, they had petite length (not easy in the Women's department), they're cute, and only $10 each at Walmart! Yay! I am so happy I don't have to hassle with jeans for months now.



I found an envelope with money in it on the floor and I gave it to Ron. He rewarded my honesty by giving me the $30. Yay!



Ron also wants to buy a light probe. Basically, a light probe turns a light wave into a sound wave. He used to have one he used to answer his phone at work. He could pass the probe over the telephone, and pick up the line that was "blinking" (beeping). He can use it now for all sorts of things, so I'm really happy to see they only cost about $25. They shouldn't charge any shipping - that would go free matter for the blind.



Tomorrow my hand cards and wool should arrive. Hopefully, I'll also get my Knitpicks goodies. Later this week/next week I'll get my wool from RH Lindsay. They have a great selection and fast shipping for incredibly reasonable prices. Knitpicks shipped my order on the 15th. I hope I get it soon.



That's it for now.

1 comment:

Heather Knits said...

Well, he can't use the bike any more so...

Surprisingly we have always had good blood pressure.