Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Rabbit Strips

Thank God our milkman came back from vacation today. He confided that his bosses had really dropped the ball on virtually all his stops (mainly convenience stores and such); some stops had no deliveries at all. So they were pretty enraged by the time he showed up.

I handed him a snickers bar and a cold soda. We got a lot done at work today and we got Ron's new Metrolift letter. He's now certified as a real train wreck (which he is). I don't know WHY God decided we had to go back and get the doctor to fill out the paperwork again... but there you have it. It's not about what I want anyway, but what He thinks we need to do.

I went by the leather store. Apparently, anything I might have been interested in doing is prohibitively expensive, so I just settled for a rabbit skin for the cats. Bubba's had a lot of fun attacking the rabbit skin and dragging it around (it does have a rather gamey aroma), so Ron suggested we cut it into "Rabbit strips" for an even more exciting toy.

I went by the Scrub/medical supply store after the leather place. I asked if they had replacement feet for a shower chair. HUM. What an attitude I got. She was very rude AND she lied to me (I have never seen shower chair feet at a hardware store and I've been to plenty!). I was not going to spend a penny at a place like that (and I didn't see any interesting scrubs for Sue, either).

Our commercial microwave is not working, and based on what I saw of the door that's a good thing. I don't want to glow in the dark; so we'll just have the repairman out. Ouch, that won't be cheap, but Ron loved the note I put on the dead microwave. Just "Sorry - out of order, working microwave over there, we called the repairman, have a nice day, sorry again"

My pills are kicking in.. horrible spenning (that was supposed to be spelling but I left it to convey the point) etc... if I seem foggy I am. About a week ago I bought a "Tall" wool throw at Ikea on clearance ($10 for a new wool blanket was theft) and washed it very carefully. Last night I put it (I mentioned I've only made myself one afghan) on top of my one afghan and slept great. The afghan kept off the itchies, and the wool kept me well ventilated and warm. I'm glad I bought it.

Yay. No delusions, no symptoms. Plenty of Lithium in the medicine cabinet; I can tolerate the side effects.

Chestnuts of my Dad's I use a lot come to mind:
"It's better than the alternative" being foremost.

Ron's very fond of "If you don't ask, the answer's always no."

Goodnight, wherever you are.

No comments: