Saturday, September 6, 2014

Update

Well, Ron and I had our truck day, a whole truck full of merchandise. 

"I wonder what it is that gets the respect at the warehouse?" I asked Ron.  "Is it the fact we can afford the flatbed full of merchandise, or the fact that I load it and push it myself?" 

Both, Ron replied. 

Having pulled a "pec", I was worried I might have trouble unloading.  A very nice cart attendant helped me load the truck.  Tipping is appreciated [wink]. 

We got to work, I (as permitted by the other vendor) borrowed a Mag-liner (hand cart, the ones you see the delivery guy using), got my 2 bus carts, and headed out.  I have had, and did have, problems with contractors playing "Here, I'll hold the door" and then attempting to sneak into the building. 

My Dad's workplace was shot up in my early teens.  For hours, I had no idea if he was in one of those bodybags until he walked in the front door. 

That's going to leave a scar, and I am completely paranoid about workplace security, which led me to shouting "NO!" and forcibly wresting the door from the contractor's grasp.  They think I'm a royal bitch but I'm OK with that. 

Normally I would never talk about a security issue, but I mentioned it to management, and the managing contractors.  They had a Postal Policeman standing by the door.  No problems. 

See, you have to have permission, on the badge, to get in.  As you should. 

So, I got the truck unloaded, sweating profusely, my glasses slipping down my nose.  It was really hot, humid, and sunny. 

I got the truck unloaded, stocked, [helped Ron stock (that was Thursday and Friday)]. 

Thursday afternoon we got home and had a turnaround trip to Sears.  New glasses were in!

I'll put up a photo later.  Basically thick, purple, plastic frames.  Large lens.  Bifocal. 

The bifocal has got me a little seasick when I'm moving.  Sitting here, typing, I'm fine. 

Oh, and I may be getting a new to me computer.  The guy was going to donate it to Salvation Army and then he read what I was using.  [snort]  It's pretty old. 

But hey, it only crashed once yesterday. 

No comments: