Sunday, September 7, 2014

"Hot Wheels"

Church day's always interesting. 

I got up early, did most of my God Time - but depressed enough I couldn't finish.  Ron kept whining about staying home. 

Then I had an exciting bout of wound care!  UGH.  Thank God it is not infected.  I managed to get the thing disinfected and an antibacterial bandage applied.  Ron donned his sandals.  The bandage isn't staying put very well. 

Ron reminded me God made him and healed him after the accident, and God can certainly heal a blister.  It's hard not to want to attack Ron and say "It's your fault". 

But, then God reminds me: I don't have neuropathy.  I really have no idea what he endures any more than he knows one of my depressions.  We only know what we tell each other and words are pretty weak.

Anyway, I got him dressed and presentable. 

We went to church.  First, though, we had to go to Lakewood.  Lakewood has a lot of teachings about God being your friend and wanting to give you all these wonderful things.... but it's not Biblical. 

I sat in the vehicle, gritting my teeth, as I watched everyone flocking in for their dose of False Teachings.  It was pretty sad.  They were literally flocking to their doom. 

I find this a good treatment of the Lakewood "issues".  Why born agains should have problems with Lakewood

See, my Bible has some hard truth: if you're not saved, you're going to hell. 

God will send the unrepentant to hell:  Matthew 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

God doesn't want to do that, that's not why He sent Jesus.  He sent Jesus so we could receieve salvation and spend eternity in Heaven: 

John 3:16-17
New King James Version (NKJV)
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
 
Of course we need to repent - repent means acknowledge our sins (for instance I have gossip issues, and envy).  Turn from them - stop the sinful acts.  And, if we screw up, tell God we're sorry, meaning it, and strive to do better. 
 
For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.
 
So, I have issues.  I had to sit there watching people, basically flocking into the gates of hell, dressed in their Sunday best.  Pretty discouraging. 
 
Ugh. 
 
I was happy to get to church.  I had a sacramental donut.  I didn't think I'd contribute much to the prayer session so I skipped it (not mandatory at all).  We went in and I found a good spot in the back row.  Happily, so many people came in after service started they had to make a whole new row behind us. 
 
Ron felt rather tortured by my singing.  Not only did we have "How Great is Our God", but "Revelation Song" as well.  I tend to bellow, like an ox, during those songs. 
 
I told Ron later - if you don't like I'm tone deaf, pay for voice lessons.  He laughed. 
 
During communion, I referred to Ron as "Hot Wheels" while taking an extra portion for Ron.  The elder (one of our favorites) snorted with laughter and almost dropped the tray.  Ooops. 
 
They're a good bunch.  I like them a lot.  I don't trust easy, either. 
 
They are looking for a new location; God has one, "we" just need to fall over it.  Or maybe we'll get raptured and we won't need a "new" church. 
 
That would be cool. 
 
We had a VERY late (just about one hour late) pickup from the Burger King (I push Ron over to the BK after service, and we eat).  We did have a pretty straight trip. 
 
I actually rode with the infamous "Cat Lady".  I've heard about her for years.  I didn't know until she disembarked. 
 
I was still pretty full from BK, so I drank a glass of milk and took my pills when we got home.  I went to bed and slept for about 3 hours as the rain poured. 
 
We had some severe weather.  Poor Torbie, all freaked out from the "thunders".  Bubba got like that at the end, too. 
 
I wonder how long we've got with her, sometimes. 
 
Sad but true, when she dies I'm sure BARC (county animal shelter) has another nice old cat.  Like they said, "No one wants the old cats". 
 
If Ron and I die first, my aunt has a cat lady friend - with a reasonable number of cats, who will either keep or rehome (to loving and excellent homes) my cats.  This lady has lectured my aunt on "proper" cat care for the "outside" semi-feral that adopted her.  I'm sure she'd do right by my girls. 
 
Anyway, I woke up around 6:30.  I decided to spend a little time finishing my God Time and online before I go back to bed. 
 
I never sleep a straight 8 hours the night before delivery day, so I'm playing with the timing.  We can take a nap when we get home tomorrow. 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what about all the people in the Old testament. Since there was no Jesus back then are they all burning in hell (after all they could not follow the law that's why Jesus was sent in the first place).

jillian from Facebook said...

What's Lakewood?

Heather Knits said...

It's a huge church, very into word of faith "Name it and claim it" God is a vending machine. Insert the right prayer and He'll give you material things, because "He wants to be your friend".

Check out the link "Why born agains..." for more details on the very bad theology.

Heather Knits said...

For Anonymous:
http://www.gotquestions.org/Old-Testament-salvation.html

A very good treatment of the question.

Me? I'm no theologist, I just pray, read the Bible, and hand it out in the ghetto. :)

Jillian said...

Yeah, I have a huge problem with that. That actually sounds more like paganism than Christianity.