Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"It has a black cowboy"

We had our truck day yesterday.  Overall, it went pretty well save a few issues: 

1.  Sandwich guy was late so we had to come in on our day off, today, to get the delivery and stock.  However, it did give me the chance to realize business is about the same, regardless of who supposedly showed up over the weekend.  No worries about getting wiped out- at least not yet.  Things will get busy as we approach Christmas. 

2.  I'm very glad we have help - someone with a truck.  However, he did not tell Ron he had parked all the way across the parking lot and walked over, instead of pulling up outside like he usually does. 

The cart attendant brought the flatbed out the exit door, and when I called Ron to come over the guy took his time, clowning around, pushing the wheelchair in circles.  The cart attendant had a lot of work to do.  When he realized our driver didn't even have a vehicle nearby,  he left (rightly so). 

Later Ron asked why I "had" to load the truck by myself (hey, it's exercise).  I said (not knowing the driver was behind me), "He thought ____ was playing games." 

I do, however have fully stocked vending machines.  While I'm a little stiff and certainly well exercised, I'm in fine shape.  The machines look even better. 

I had promised one of the other vending guys I would empty the dumpster if I put any trash into it, and I did so, today.  It's very important for me to keep my word. 

Ron always acts like physical labor is such a big deal, that he's torturing me.  He's not.  I like being active, simple as that. 

I like accomplishing a task, not riding a desk.  While I'd do it if necessary, I'm far happier in my active job. 

No one seems to understand that, except, perhaps, my Dad. 

People are into the "old" thinking that physical labor is bad and hard, office politics and fashion games good.  Not in my universe!  The opposite applies! 

So, work is good.  I got paid too. 

I'm looking into webcams, but I already took my medication.  It's pretty hard to reason. 

I can blog in my sleep, I think. 

I'm debating the purchase of a very cheap, orange "eyeball" design.  I used to call my old webcam "eyeball".  I apparently got rid of it when Dad gave me his old laptop in 2011.  Dad's old computer was stolen in 2012, and the "new to me" laptop came with a basic black and white webcam. 

I'd like a new eyeball, one that's easy to use, interesting in appearance, and cheap.  Walmart has a Logitech for $30 and I'm just - cheap.  From what I can see, though, it does have good reviews.  I need to pray on it. 

Speaking of, I had some problems sleeping.  Firstly, the cats brought home a bug (I heard the proud meow calling us to view the trophy).  It crawled up my leg last night, towards my privates, and woke me up quite abruptly, let me tell you. 

I also thought I heard some music.  A low grade, intermittent, bass noise.  It may or may not exist.  I just hope I can sleep tonight.  I tried to take a nap today and the construction noise (I think) made a rather similar bassy rumble, making sleep impossible. 

I talk about this because I know there's other people out there battling noises that may or may not exist, getting scoffed at by loved ones, and just wanting to do a do-it-yourself lobotomy.  It's not just you.  It might "be in your head" but it's in mine, too.  (((Hugs)))  If this proves ongoing I'll ask Doc to up my Haldol (antipsychotic). 

I have severely curtailed my caffeine usage.  That should help. 

Yesterday was a long day.  I was so hungry I ate a couple protein bars during the day, then a huge glass of milk and a single serving lasagne tv dinner.  I went to bed and didn't sleep well due to the music that may or may not have existed, and the thing running up my leg when I did fall asleep. 

I missed my God Time yesterday, and did it later today. 

We went to work and got our delivery, ensuring that everything looked great.  We left and had a rather long and roundabout ride to Walmart. 

We finally pulled up.  I got out.  A driver pulled up right next to the paratransit van (the short bus) blocking the wheelchair lift.  She was a home care aide, helper for an elderly lady sitting on the bench next to a cart load of groceries. 

The driver got out, stuck her head in the vehicle, and kept yelling "Is she in a scooter?"

I realized she meant "Do you need the lift?" 

"Yes, my husband is in a wheelchair."  Ron says I used my mean voice. 

The rude driver started yelling at me.

Our driver apparently said "I'd better get out there" and exited the van, interposing himself between us.  I walked off, shaking my head, as the driver managed to lower the lift, and Ron, in the limited space available.  

As soon as I got Ron away from that awful woman, I said "I can't believe someone is paying her to take care of that poor old lady." 

That poor old lady. 

People wonder why I don't want a helper - 1.  Gossip.  I don't like people in my business unless invited, for example my blog.  2.  They're not going to love Ron, no matter who they are.  3.  They won't love my cats either. 

I'd rather leave things undone.

So.  Ron wanted to get a new umbrella, he lost his.  I never yell at him for losing things because I do, too. 

I also got some stuff for work.  It's funny how, self employed, the business affects even a trip to Walmart.  The business owes me $16, by the way. 

I also got a package of Stubbs BBQ.  Chopped beef - I figured that's the acid test.  I figured, correctly, that Walmart wouldn't stock crap, either. 

I got the meat (a pound, frozen), an extra bottle of sauce, and some buns.  I made it for dinner.  Ron really enjoyed the meat but says he prefers Kraft Hickory.  OK.  We can do that. 

I loved mine.  It's what I've been seeking.  Finally a decent chopped beef, in Texas. 

"It has a black cowboy on the box" I told Ron "I'm sure it's delicious."  I was right. 

I am a total racist when it comes to BBQ.  I would much rather eat "black" bbq. 

Happily, Stubbs has several frozen BBQ meat entree options.  Including another favorite, pulled pork. 

What else?  Oh, the Olay cleansing cloths have been very nice in the morning.  No reactions, skin looks and feels good. 

I did remember my back brace yesterday so I'm just a little worked, not really hurting.  I plan to eat a lot of protein to help build up those muscles. 

We're off tomorrow.  We may or may not have "heavy downpours due to tropical moisture". 

No comments: