Sunday, September 21, 2014

This is the First Amendment - Public property for all

So, I'm feeling better.  Oddly enough, while it doesn't supposedly "work" on depression, I often feel far better after my lithium. 

So there. 

Anyway.  I was thinking about people I find upsetting. 

See, "depressed ravings" nonwithstanding, most of the time I like nearly everyone.  I usually have a huge affection for black service providers, gang-bangers of all color, other service providers, etc. 

Although I do have to say I would, if asked, say God has "sent" me more to the black and latino crowd as regards evangelism. 

Speaking of, someone's very upset. 

Here's an important fact: the first amendment works across the board.  If I can hand out Bibles on the median, the homeless guy can beg on his median, or the JW's can hand out material on their median.  It's public property for all. 

Private property is far more tricky. 

In one case, a Florida public school granted permission for Bible distribution to each child.  As a result, a group of "satanists" requested permission to hand out "coloring books".  I viewed it online.  It seems pretty harmless. 

Some people are outraged, saying the Bible-thumpers have "ruined" it for everyone.  I disagree.  This is the first amendment - equal access.  Are the kids walking off with Bibles?  Then it's a win. 

Common sense, and the Holy Spirit, will "protect" the kids from any unsavory coloring book influence.  Equal rights in action. 

I doubt many will see it that way.  The Christians will be angry that anything bearing the name "satan" is presented to any child.  Some will be angry that the children are given Bibles.  But, at the end of the day, I see it as a win for everyone. 

We have to respect each other.  Yes, I may believe you are going to hell but I'm going to treat you with respect.  I'm going to defend your right to hand out your material as I hand out mine.  And I'm going to pray for you daily. 

My faith life has sucked a bit, lately.  I need to work on that. 

Here's the quandary:if I didn't get a good night's sleep, wake up, and work 10 hours, come home, eat, and go to bed, when do I do my God Time?  Do I get up earlier?  I have with limited results. 

If I don't get my God Time in the morning, I have traditionally done it before I use the computer.  But if I don't use the computer how do I work that? 

How important is every day?  When would God rather I take a day off?  I'm still working this out.

Ron laughed at me today, he asked if I'd like to watch the church service online.  I told him no, I'd rather do my God Time. I only had the energy for one thing.   

Maybe I could bring my kindle (it has a daily Bible loaded) and my notebook (has all the prayer requests) and get a little nibble now and then? 

[sigh]   Sometimes I wish God could send me a text. 

I attempted to take a nap, but due to the excellent sleep I had last night, I wasn't able to drop off.  I also think it's not wise to sleep a lot on my day off, when battling depression.  If I were truly tired, yes...

Another question has plagued me for a while, when do I cut off the drama online?  If a person is not saved I give them a lot more rope; but what about a professing believer who seems pretty ignorant of the Bible?  If I find them provoking?  

Anonymous may have answered the question indirectly, stating they come by even though they often find my posts upsetting (see comments for Depressed Ranting).  Maybe I just stick it out?

My facebook, as a rule, is a happy place full of rescued cats, blind cats, old cats, and black cats (although I haven't seen them in a while).  A place with many people who share my beliefs and plenty who don't. 

I guess I just need to pray on all of it and hope for a letter on my pillow in the morning. 

No comments: