Saturday, August 2, 2014

Day off, mostly

I had an interesting day off, mostly. 

I'll desperately need snack inventory.  Ron and I went first thing to the warehouse.  Nope, not much fun getting up at 5 AM on a weekend, but worth it.  I got all my inventory in relative peace and quiet.  I even found Ron a cube of Mountain Dew. 

We came home.  I'm battling some depression.  Ron asked if he could help. 

I told him I could use a cuddle.  He parked the wheelchair and carefully staggered into my room.  He's still not over the back injury. 

We cuddled (G rated here).  Torbie even came to visit, amused at the interesting human behavior.  She lay on Ron's chest, purring and swishing her tail.  We all had a great time, especially when I produced a bag of cat treats. 

Baby Girl slept on her box in the front room.  She loves her box, covered with an old towel.  It's out of the way yet the perfect height for Ron to pet her, as he rolls past in his wheelchair.  He won't step on her (when he could walk) or roll over her, either. 

I didn't feel neglected by Baby Girl because she's her own cat.  She has a very strong independent streak.  I know she loves me. 

After all, she brings me the dead birds and grasshoppers. 

Ron only gets the lizards. 

I noticed I had another skin thing going.  These are an ongoing frustration for me. 

Enough about that.  I can generally stay on top of it with large doses of antioxidants.  Not today. 

So, I dealt with that.  The neighbor kids were feeling frisky in our lower temperatures, so it was pretty clear I had zero chance of sleep.  I don't begrudge them. 

I did my God Time.  Still somewhat depressed but I did it.  I think it's very important to have an ongoing dialogue with God every day, even when, and especially when, I don't "feel like it". 

I'd already given Torbie her Glucosamine so I didn't see her.  I did, however, notice Baby Girl lying in the room, by the door, when I got up to get a drink. 

She does love me in her own way.  She's still there, all stretched and cute in the doorway.  She knows I won't step on her. 

She even extented a soft, warm, paw, and laid it on top of my foot as I stood there talking to her. 

I've got some good girls. 

No comments: